This person is accountable to the Financial Process Controller. This is an Administrative Support Professional, full-time. Note: Typical schedule will be Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. While these hours are typical, evening and weekend hours may be included; hours may be may be subject to change as workload and needs of our customers and work areas change.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receipt revenue of the Northcentral Technical College District into the student Administrative PeopleSoft system to include all funds.
- Prepare all billings for student tuition, governmental agencies, tax levy, and Business and Industry Services contracted courses. Prepare invoices for various NTC departmental charges.
- Perform accounting work in maintaining and applying department accounting procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Work directly with students, taking in tuition payments, explaining tuition bills and account credits associated with financial aid disbursements.
- Daily clearing and reconciliation of cash.
- Prepare bank deposits for the District.
- Disperse scholarship funds to student tuition and bookstore accounts.
- Open mail and receipt all money received to correct accounts. Receipt all revenue received through transmittals from NTC's five outlying campuses.
- Assist the Financial Services Team with the reporting of student loan payments into subsidiary ledgers and prepare necessary follow-up reports on account delinquencies. Follow-up collection of delinquent student tuition accounts and third party bills.
This listing is not all inclusive of all duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned but are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of similar nature requiring the same relative skills and capabilities.Qualifications
Associate degree in Accounting required with a minimum 3 years occupational experience in the accounting field preferred. An appropriate combination of educational preparation and experience may be considered as an equivalent qualification. Must possess demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in general accounting practices and principles including:
- Developing Excel spreadsheets
- Understanding basic principles of debits, credits, assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures.
- Posting two sided journal entries
- Cash handling and balancing
- Preparing bank deposit
Must deal with customers in a pleasant and tactful manner. Demonstrate proficiency in detailed financial spreadsheets; database software and math skills. Must be able to operate the following: personal computer, computer printer, adding machine, copier, fax machine and telephone.
6 to 8 hours: Grasping, performing repetitive movements, sitting and working indoors
4 to 5 hours: None
1 to 3 hours: Bending
Less than 1 hour: Balancing, climbing, crawling, driving, kneeling, pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, twisting, walking, working at heights, working in temperature extremes and working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 1-10 repetition(s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
20-50 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training:
Emergency procedures and ergonomics (office/workplace)