JOB SUMMARY: Plan, design, implement and maintain enterprise server and storage systems, operating systems and software deployment solutions. Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions. Coordinate the design and facilitation of best practice solutions in deployment of new technologies, improved automation, and root-cause analysis approach to diagnosis and remediation of technology issues. Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new technologies, features and applications based on stakeholder input. Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of technology procurement and development efforts. Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure solutions, hardware/software support and development services.
- Collaborate with infrastructure engineering, administrative applications, and customer support functions to implement server/storage systems and services utilizing industry best practices to meet business goals. Support project and development efforts throughout project lifecycles. Recommend, plan, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Deploy and manage servers, applications, storage systems, encryption systems, host security systems and management tools. Integrate servers, including database, email, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems. Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on servers, storage systems, multiple databases, and data in-transit in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance. Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, print solutions and storage allocations in accordance with best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Proactively monitor, anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on supported systems. Escalate incidents as necessary. Analyze system, server, application, network, and end-user device performance. Practice asset management, including maintenance of system component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems. Participate in and support capacity and lifecycle planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems, storage, and software, including standards and guidelines for technical design, based on business goals and collective input. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records. Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- May perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree - or - Professional Level certification - or - Demonstrated KSA
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years related experience
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: Will be required to be available for after-hours emergency response duties as a member of a 7x24x365 network operations team. Travel throughout the district is required using own means of transportation.
Licenses and Certificates: This position may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., MCSE). This position requires a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application
Special Notice Items:
This position may be required to be "on call" and work nights, weekends or holidays on a rotating schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, design, plan and deploy new technology solutions.
- Strong working technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Microsoft Windows Server (2003 through 2019).
- Strong working technical knowledge in current systems, solutions, and standards, including Windows Server Roles and Features, Active Directory, and VMware.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise storage solutions, including Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Networks (SAN), iSCSI, NFS.
- Application support expertise with a range of Microsoft solutions including Exchange 2016 and Office 365 products.
- Knowledge of local area network administration, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Familiarity with relational database platforms, including Microsoft SQL.
- Experience with monitoring solutions (e.g. SolarWinds).
- Strong desire and demonstrated ability to improve efficiency through automation and process improvement.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Hands-on and root-cause orientation to software and hardware troubleshooting.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent written, oral, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing, and customer service principles.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
Entry Salary Range: $58,014 - $61,495 per year (Dependent upon Qualifications)
Open until filled: First review September 2, 2021
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work.
To apply go to www.centralaz.edu/jobs. Travel costs due to interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a Background Verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, General Information Services (GIS) Inc. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by GIS during the background process. The level the background verification for this position is: Standard level.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.