The Shared Services Center is comprised of a diverse group of experts in multiple fields. Our passion is working together and collaborating with other departments to reduce administrative burden on Faculty and Staff, so that they can focus on supporting the education of our students. We strive to be a trusted and innovative partner delivering exemplary administrative services in support of the DU community. The Shared Services Center is committed to maintaining a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to effectively engage with individuals from diverse communities.
The Manager of Recruiting Services will bring a deep subject-matter expertise to develop and implement recruiting strategies and processes that will attract top talent for staff and faculty positions. This position will be responsible for establishing an excellent candidate experience. The Manager of Recruiting Services will have the ability to manage and motivate the recruitment team to establish trusted relationships across the University and drive results. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources Services in Shared Services.
- Collaborate and strategize with the Director of People Development, HR Partners, Compensation, Office of Equal Opportunity, Budget Officers, Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) and the Provosts Office on recruiting best practices for staff and faculty positions.
- Build and manage partnerships with divisions including people in leadership, budget officers and hiring managers using strong influencing skills to gain trust as a knowledgeable talent expert.
- Partner with the Associate Director of Equal Opportunity on the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Collaborate with the Office of Marketing & Communications to align recruitment with branding, communications and talent strategy.
- Consult and partner with hiring supervisors on effective recruiting strategies.
- Partner and collaborate with hiring supervisors and search committees on executive level searches and searches being conducted by search firms.
- Design, implement and maintain the Staff Hiring Guidelines document, in collaboration with the Associate Director of Equal Opportunity. Conduct trainings on the Staff Hiring Guidelines.
- Ensure hiring managers, search committee members and recruiters are trained on effective interview techniques and are knowledgeable about what questions are appropriate and compliant with applicable regulations.
- Implement and monitor processes and procedures which ensure that the recruitment function is compliant with federal, state and local regulations and requirements.
- Lead, coach and develop the Senior Recruiter and Recruiter to ensure successful execution of staff and faculty recruitments.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- 2-4 years relative experience.
- Masters degree.
- 5 years recruiting experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- HR certification (e.g. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP).
- Experience with diversity recruiting efforts.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 11.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $80,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.