At Unity, sustainability isn’t a buzzword. It’s the foundation of our entire approach and has been for more than 50 years. We apply sustainability principles to everything we do, from our properties around the State of Maine, to our online degrees offered to students everywhere, to our enrichment experiences and entrepreneurial endeavors at locations from northern Maine to Arizona to Brazil. Engage with Unity College and you’ll start to ask tough questions, challenge the status quo, and envision new possibilities. If taking the lead in creating a more sustainable future sounds like the future you want, we can make it happen. Position
The Associate Registrar is responsible for providing direct assistance and recommendations in operational functions to the Registrar. This position leads special projects within the Registrar’s office and represents the office on interdepartmental projects. The Associate Registrar serves as Registrar in their absence and extends assistance to Sustainable Education Business Unit (SEBU)-dedicated staff and to directors of other departments as necessary
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Design and execute projects to accomplish annual goals of the Registrar’s office.
- Collaborate on established cross-functional projects with members of other units.
- Improve student record systems and increase automation in conjunction with other units.
- Participate in development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and business practices.
- Offer training in Registrar-related processes, policies, and software to frontline staff in other units and within the Registrar’s office.
- Act as a first-level point of escalation for SEBU-dedicated Registrar staff members.
- Provide new academic SEBUs with student records functionality until such time that the SEBU can support its own Assistant Registrar.
- Partner with IT to troubleshoot simple issues relating to CAMS, grade submission, or the faculty and student portals.
- Represent the Registrar’s office at various meetings and task groups.
- Coordinate graduation processes such as application tracking, degree completion review, data distribution to other units, and the conferral of degrees.
- Maintain integrity of all matriculated student records and confidential academic records.
- Ensure compliance to state, federal, and College regulations, such as FERPA.
- Achieve annually determined performance goals.
- Support institutional reporting efforts as needed.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures with leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
UNITY COLLEGE INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Demonstrates commitment to Unity College’s core values and serves as a role model for the College’s standards of conduct.
- Contributes to the College’s commitment to sustainability and contributes to the College’s commitment to support a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Follows safety and infection control policies while assisting with their enforcement.
- Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills with regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws. In addition to actively participating in Unity College Professional Development days and Unity College required annual trainings.
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and student success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position you must be able to execute each of the position specific responsibilities while meeting the position expectations.
Additionally, the position specific education, skills and competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon approval by the supervisor and Director of Human Resources, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION SPECIFIC EDUCATION, SKILLS AND COMPENTCIES:
- Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years related experience in a registrar's office and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year of project management experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge of student record systems with the ability to define all required operational data fields and required processes for a registrar's office.
- Familiarity with academic regulations and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and present information and respond to questions from faculty, staff, students, parents, and the general public.
- Ability to perform duties in a pleasant, discreet, and professional manner.
- Proficiency in the use of required technologies, including proficiency with Excel reports and pivot tables.
- Must have attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials and use good spelling and grammar. Must have excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being discreet, courteous and well poised.