Clinton, NYOpen Date:
Aug 16, 2021Description:
This position is responsible for several critical activities in the Registrar’s Office. This position is also the primary contact with Department Chairs and individual faculty in relation to the offices support of the academic program and course systems.
Course Management and Course Schedule processes - includes approving and monitoring course additions and changes made in the online Catalogue tool and adding/modifying those courses in Colleague. An understanding of the academic program requirements and other academic policies is required.
Semester schedule of classes - includes creating the proposed semester schedule, working with department chairs for review and update, and working with faculty to make changes when necessary.
Registration Preparation and Management – includes the set up of registration, monitor registration activity and course enrollments and making adjustments to the schedule or courses to accommodate schedule adjustment periods or add/drop periods.
Operation Improvement – works with the Registrar on planning and operations within the office, works with staff and other departments to create process improvement, efficiencies and documentation.
Manage daily office operation – respond to staff questions regarding operations, work with budget process and daily budget decisions, provide approval or signature in Registrar’s absences.
Supervise and support staff– includes approving time sheets and managing staff time off and daily activity, participate in hiring and staff review process, provide training and support on technology, regulation and policy. Work with staff to improve process and documentation and to maintain quality service.
Actively participate in building our diverse, inclusive, and equitable campus community.Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Registrar Office required. Supervisory experience preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience managing confidential materials and information.
- Ability to effectively use technology in daily activities.
- Willingness to think creatively to improve process and service.
- Experience using data to inform decision.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, solve problems, multi-task, and effectively meet deadlines while managing a heavy workload.
- Experience with manage staff and overseeing office operations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of employees and students and across various departments
Please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.