Business Systems Analyst 1 Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in IT or related field of study, along with four years' experience in IT or relevant field of work, to include two years' experience with using a system in a relevant functional area running enterprise-wide business, research, and/or academic applications and providing technical expertise ORTwo years of higher education in a technical area, along with six years' experience in a relevant field of work, to include two years of experience in using a system in a relevant functional area and providing technical expertise.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing at the technical and non-technical level;
- Ability to develop an effective, collaborative working relationship with a variety of representative groups with potentially dissimilar;
- Ability to work independently under general supervision;
- Familiarity with project development cycle;
- Knowledge of documentation needs and techniques;
- Knowledge of structured system methodologies;
- Knowledge of design, and development of integrated application systems solutions within organizational requirements using relational database client-server, and Internet technologies;
- Knowledge of data mapping techniques;
- Ability to conduct and evaluate systems testing;
- Ability to determine the nature of application software problems.
- Higher Education;
- SQL or SQL Plus and Crystal Reports experience;
- Experience in supporting/implementing an enterprise software application such as:
- API Healthcare from inception to implementation to production.
Responsibilities The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Production Support: Provide end user application support through monitoring support tickets; provide problem determination and resolution on functional issues; consult with programmers, database administrators, and systems administrators as required to resolve issues; participate in user group and vendor meetings; act as one of the primary liaisons with the University System Office in support of their delivered systems; support customer for all state, federal, and data warehousing regulations; provide technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve data issues; support end user adhoc report requests by providing design, development and testing of reports using various query and tools and Crystal Reports. Serve as the liaison between IT and the academic and business units for all Enterprise Systems. Change Management: - Utilize the ITS Change Management System to record and manage user requests for enhancements, system modifications and production support. Utilize designated tracking systems to monitor system changes to business processes with the goal of identifying where improvements can be made. Record all expended effort in the change management system or in the appropriate project tracking system. Provide Design Deficiency Reports (DDR) for tracking system deficiencies for vendors who do not have.
- Change Management: Utilize the ITS Change Management System to record and manage user requests for enhancements, system modifications and production support; participate in routine change review meetings locally, with vendors and the university system office; utilize designated tracking systems to monitor system changes compared to business processes with a goal of identifying where improvements can be made; and record all expended effort in the change management system or in the appropriate project tracking system; provide design deficiency reports for tracking system deficiencies for vendors who do not have a formal support system
- System Modifications, Enhancements and Upgrades: Participate in the definition and design of application modifications; create and maintain test plans in a way that, over time, complete system test plans are developed in a reusable format; assist in monitoring release notifications from application vendors and the University System Office; provide content/information and analysis for pre-release and release notifications; participate in testing and certifying software releases and upgrades by developing test plans for new features locally developed & special use cases; conduct system testing through the combination of locally developed & supplied test plans; and act as the primary user department liaison as they certify releases.
- Business Process Review: Participate in and facilitate business process review sessions with a goal of better utilization of systems and streamlining daily operations; monitor systems in relation to customers business processes and provide tested suggestions for business process improvements or changes in system utilization to improve operations.
- Projects: Assist in compiling and developing functional specifications and defining user requirements, if not provided by a vendor; participate as team lead when assigned; follow project guidelines when participating in project assigned tasks; monitor and maintain all project schedule tasks as assigned and participate in development of project plans by attending work breakdown structure meetings; ensure projects are delivered in accordance with project timelines and task target dates.
- Team Participation: Assist junior level analysts with issue to ensure they gain required knowledge of applications, standards, operations, and capabilities; makes suggestions for improvements to team policies, processes and procedures in relation to system utilization and customer service. Provide application specific training to ensure cross-training and complete understanding of each assigned application by other Business Systems Analysts as required.
- Other Duties: All other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Job Summary Serve as principal advisor and point of contact to customers, vendors, and other IT areas of support for enterprise systems and other applications as assigned. As a member of the Business Systems Analyst team, the incumbent will work closely with other business systems analysts to learn Application Support procedures, and assist with the definition, development of test plans, and testing of system updates. Assists in coordinating software releases and upgrades. Conducts research of functional problems, development of specifications for modifications, enhancements, and database intervention. Incumbent will apply professional communication, analytical, and problem solving skills when writing and communicating with customers, other staff members, and vendors.Shift/Salary Shift: Mon-Fri/Days (May be required to work outside normal business hours) Pay Grade: 19 Salary: $51,967/Annually - $54,066/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 7/22/2021 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.