Trinity Christian College seeks a full-time Network Administrator for the Information Technology Department. The Network Administrator is responsible for installing, maintaining, and supporting wired and wireless networking equipment; troubleshooting network performance issues; managing and maintaining the access control platform and campus copper and fiber infrastructure. The Network Administrator will proactively monitor the network, responding to incidents appropriately. The Network Administrator will collaborate within the IT Department to perform firewall configuration audits and manage security devices.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Install, maintain, and support wired and wireless network equipment
- Configure and monitor configuration backups for all network and security devices
- Troubleshoot and resolve network outages and performance related issues
- Manage network access control system
- Manage and maintain firewall and VPN connectivity
- Provide documentation for projects, policies, and procedures, as well as documenting configuration standards for internal department use
- Research and evaluate networking and security solutions
A Bachelor’s degree in telecommunication, networking, engineering, IT, or other related field is required and 3 year’s experience in network design and troubleshooting primarily for Local Area and Wireless networks preferred. CCNA, ADMCA/ACCA/ACSA or CWNP certification preferred. The position will require the ability to escalate problems to vender technical support and work with end users as needed to resolve known issues. They will also interface with vendors, integrators as well as other network engineers and will be expected to network with other professionals in the higher-ed space as able.
Specific Technical Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Practical knowledge of Aruba/HPE and Palo Alto Networks networking technologies, best practices, and network security and controls
- Understanding of networking protocols, specifically OSPF and STP
- Understanding of APIs, scripting, and automation tools preferred
- Ability to learn, develop, and execute operational procedures in a changing environment
- Familiarity with cybersecurity frameworks
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church
Trinity welcomes a response from diverse candidates. EOE