Assistant Professor of Inorganic ChemistryJob Description Summary:
The University of La Verne invites applications for the tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Inorganic Chemistry, specializing in organometallic chemistry. The ideal candidate is expected to enrich the intellectual and diversity atmosphere of the department and college through their teaching, research, service and community engagements. The candidate should demonstrate potential to develop and establish a rigorous research program involving undergraduate students in their areas of expertise. Experience and ability to teach, mentor and advice students from diverse backgrounds and populations is especially desired. The chemistry department has 11 faculty and staff members, 55 chemistry majors and graduates several majors a year.Specific Duties:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- A strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and engaging or developing a research program with undergraduate students. The candidates will be expected to teach undergraduate classes in inorganic chemistry at the introductory level, upper level, as well as teach special courses for majors and non-majors.
- Be able to complement existing curricular and research programs and engage in interdisciplinary and interdepartmental research offerings
- Serve of relevant committees in departmental, college and university settings
- The position requires a Ph.D. in Inorganic Chemistry, specializing in Organometallic Chemistry
- Experience in teaching undergraduates in area of expertise, both in the classroom and laboratory settings
- Ability to engage undergraduate students in research in area of specialization
- Postdoctoral and teaching experience
- Ability to mentor, teach and engage students from diverse backgrounds
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan. Location:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
2018-190189FASpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Application package should include, application, current curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, statement of research interests, statement of teaching philosophy and a list of names and contacts of three (3) references.Open Until Filled: