Reports To: Director of Seminary Academic Programming
Position Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for Seminary Academic Services. This is achieved by maintaining a professional, efficient, and hospitable work environment that engenders the confidence of all constituencies including Seminary students, Seminary administration and faculty, the wider University, the ECC denominational offices, and other external constituencies.
Contribute to academic programing and assessment by:
- Maintaining the confidences of the office, managing records, and handling all confidential information with discretion
- Fully understanding the seminary curriculum, policies, and procedures in order to communicate effectively with students
- Overseeing the academic services email and voicemail, responding to student requests and issues in a timely and hospitable manner
- Maintaining room reservations for classes and communicating that to students
- Supporting all students regardless of program by assisting them with the registration of classes, including supplementary support with the Self-Service system
- Tracking all cross-registration students and monitoring registration processes and reports
- Working with the Records Office and/or other relevant parties to process all student petitions and other forms
- Submitting announcements for NNN blog including reminders regarding important upcoming dates such as syllabi, grades, etc. and advertising courses especially those with low-enrollment
- Supporting faculty and student communication (i.e. collecting syllabi and posting to the website, etc.)
- Supporting the academic success process in conjunction with the Retention and Success Committee. This may include creating drafts of notification letters, following through with students regarding their progress/adherence to academic action stipulations, etc.
- Preparing preliminary advanced standing and transfer of credit evaluation for the Director’s review and approval.
- Preparing preliminary graduation audits for the Director’s review and approval.
- Assisting in seminary events such as new student orientation, information fairs, all-seminary lectures, chapel, etc.
- Preparing and processing course evaluations
- Preparing documents for faculty meetings and faculty assessment activities
- Participating in proactive team efforts to achieve Seminary, departmental, and University goals.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned