Administrative Assistant - K
Duration of Position:
Academic year / Part time
25 hours/week, 44 weeks/year
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus. Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination for all employees except for those exempt for medical or religious reasons.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and operational support for multiple program offices: ALANA Center and LGBTQ +Women's Center. Responsibilities:
- Provide students with general information and appropriate referrals about the ALANA Center, LGBTQ +Women's Center resources.
- Provide logistical and scheduling support for various student programs.
- Schedules appointments, sends out departmental communications, and prepares informational documents as required.
- Purchase supplies, monitors expenses from the departmental budget, and maintains departmental records. Completes expense reconciliation as requested.
- Supervises student office assistants.
- Supports affiliated student organizations with logistical needs.
- Performs administrative duties with an expectation of good judgement and discretion.
- Communicates with multiple departments and information from administrators as directed.
- Pick up items locally as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of two to four years of administrative support experience and/or training.
- Strong computer skills are required including proficiency with the Word Office suite, e-mail and internet browsers. Ability to learn Workday processes and Google Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and telephone manner are essential. Strong attention to detail required.
- Requires the ability to interact effectively with a diverse community of students, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Must have a professional demeanor, problem-solving approaches, good judgment and discretion, including the ability to maintain confidentiality; also, strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively manage deadlines and multiple, competing priorities.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Basic math skills and proofreading skills. Strong work ethic, takes initiative on tasks to be done.
- Ability to learn the workings and offices of the College.
- Ability to identify with the objectives and the mission of the programs that the AA services.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2104.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency