Edquity is an anti-poverty technology company that helps colleges improve students’ basic needs and financial security by increasing access to emergency resources and funding. To help students, including the 3 million who drop out every year due to a time-sensitive financial crisis, Edquity provides partner colleges with a mobile app and web platform that helps students overcome financial emergencies. With Edquity, students can apply for emergency cash grants, discover emergency resources, and more.
In the wake of COVID-19, students and partners need Edquity more than ever, as Congress has provided $32 billion in emergency aid. Edquity is quickly scaling to ensure it can administer hundreds of millions of dollars to support millions of students during this crisis.
Edquity has raised over $6.5MM in funding from some of the leading impact and postsecondary success investors and has also received support from foundations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
Edquity is seeking a Business Development Representative focused on Higher Education Partners to support the strategic growth of Edquity’s portfolio of clients, increase brand recognition, and develop new initiatives related to Edquity’s role in the higher education community. The individual should be passionate about helping colleges and universities enhance the financial stability and social mobility of their students. The Business Development Representative, College Partners will report to the Head of Sales and will regularly interact with other teams to inform broader marketing approach and ensure cross functional success.
What You Will Do:
- Prospect and identify leads within the higher education community and develop an expertise in assigned territories.
- Identify prospect's needs and suggest appropriate Edquity products/services
- Manage outreach campaigns to assist in raising awareness of the brand to increase awareness of Edquity in the higher education community.
- Attend events and interact with clients, and potential clients, in person as necessary.
- Support Edquity’s external communications, including preparing materials for press and external stakeholders, such as press releases, and/or blog posts.
What You Should Have:
- Sales experience in SaaS or Higher Education
- Experience cultivating business relationships
- A demonstrated track record of setting, tracking and achieving goals
- Strong writing capabilities
- Excellent time and project management skills
- An understanding of colleges and universities and how purchasing decisions are made in higher education a plus
- Fully paid health insurance (Medical/Vision/Dental)
- Unlimited PTO
- 11 paid company holidays
- 401k matching
- Generous parental leave
- Annual Professional Development Stipend
- Equity in Edquity
- Many more!
Edquity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.