The IT Campus Partnerships Department provides customer focused support for a wide variety of technology resources campus-wide, at the University of Denver. Through a combination of distributed IT staff, tiered support and a call center, this customer centric department collaborates with campus partners to manage, maintain, and support the infrastructures for the multi-dimensional ways needed to support teaching, learning, events, and the day-to-day business operations at the University.
The Support Specialist, under the direction of the Head of IT for the Morgridge College of Education (MCE), is an adaptive and supportive IT Professional responsible for assuring technology, audio-visual (AV), software, and hardware is supported and managed at the Ricks Center for Gifted Children (Ricks). This position is a seasoned IT professional with experience providing IT, AV, and infrastructure support in a K-12 environment. In addition, this position will be responsible for technology equipment maintenance, operation, and upgrades at Ricks. The IT Specialist will assist in the coordination of AV details for events; provide desktop technology support for Ricks Teachers, Administrators, and students; repair AV equipment and computers; manage IT inventory; coordinate software licenses and upgrades as needed; maintain IT hardware in the building; and work with [email protected] on various tasks that require coordination of technology resources.
- Develop, manage, and maintain an information technology at Ricks.
- Collaborate with the Innovation and Instruction Specialist to assure that instructional technology needs are being met.
- Manage and monitor technology budget and participate with Ricks Leadership Team in developing technology operational forecasts.
- Maintain, support, and update audio visual technologies at the Ricks Center for Gifted Children in collaboration with [email protected]
- Purchase, inventory, and deploy software and technology hardware (including but not limited to, computers, printers, webcams, etc.).
- Associates degree or equivalent education in related field.
- 1-2 years of information technology experience in workstation/client support.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the setup and operation of digital presentation (audio amplification, digital media, projection systems, data communications).
- Experience in effectively communicating and teaching complex, technical concepts and information to a wide range of users of varying skill levels and backgrounds.
- Must be able to competently and professionally troubleshoot Windows and Macintosh computers, network issues, and mobile devices in a variety of business settings.
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering education, information technology, or educational technology
- Any of the following certifications: Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) certification, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) certification, Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) certification, Dell desktop and laptop hardware repair certifications.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. May require working irregular hours including both weekends and evenings. Remote work is heavily restricted. Most work will require employee work on site.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, August 30th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $51,000 - $55,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.