The Recruiting and Outreach Specialist serves to recruit prospective students, lead community engagement and provide marketing and administrative support to the Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA) Golf Management (PGM) program. Responsibilities include program student recruiting, alumni relations, partnership development, event planning, day-to-day operations, processing purchase orders and payments, and coordinating marketing activities. Some evenings and weekends may be required. Other duties as assigned.Who We Are
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS)
is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 9,500 undergraduate and 1,900 graduate students. The AACSB International accredited College of Business enrolls approximately 2,000 students annually. The College of Business offers comprehensive undergraduate degrees, select master’s degrees, and professional programs that emphasize principle-based ethical decision making. Colorado Springs
(pop. 450K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report
as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.Job Duties:
Plans and coordinates scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks.Responsible for the day-to-day administrative and operational activities under the guidance of the Program Director. Purchases supplies and equipment for all program events and administration. Assists with the implementation of goals and objectives of the PGA Golf Management program and the College of Business. Supports the Program Director as needed with scheduling meetings, conference registrations, travel preparations, and reimbursements.Assists both the Program Director and Principal Program and Internship Coordinator with the organization of PGA seminars on campus by reserving rooms, making travel arrangements for the speakers, etc.Assists the Program Director to coordinate PGA guest speakers, off-campus learning events, and national presentations. Leads recruitment and marketing strategies/activities. Responsible for recruiting potential candidates to the program to grow program enrollments: represent the PGA Golf Management Program at recruiting events, which include but are not limited to: information sessions, fundraising events, community events, Mountain Lion Experience days, and yield events. Creates and emails the yearly PGA Golf Management program Newsletter to prospective and current students, alumni, and community members. Supports the Program Director with the development and execution of the marketing plan in coordination with COB and campus communications. In collaboration with the Program Director, develops and implements an exhaustive annual recruiting program. Oversees program social media advertisement campaigns. Responsible for constant posting/monitoring of accounts to advertise PGA Golf Management events with the purpose of recruiting students, engaging alumni and community engagement.
- Organizes and coordinates projects and events.
- Responsible for event management to include venue selection, technology support, catering, promotions, budget management, and procurement.
- Arranges group travel and process travel reimbursements for speakers, faculty, staff, and students.
- Plans several events each year ranging from 10-100+ attendees.
- Travels and attends offsite PGA Golf Management events (e.g. recruiting, community, and networking events).
- Supports the PGA Golf Management Student Society operations to include events, travel, and student merchandise purchases.
In collaboration with the Program Director, develops and implements a program alumni relations (Alumni Association) engagement plan.Communicates PGA job opportunities to alumni and students.Responsible for maintaining and creating new partnerships for the program. Assists with the admissions process and maintains appropriate records. Assists the Program Director, Principal Program and Internship Coordinator, and Director of Undergraduate Programs with the management, tracking, and communication of the application and admissions process.
Represents the program in appropriate professional and community organizations.Serves as the PGA Golf Management program liaison to faculty, staff, and students on behalf of the Program Director.Job Competencies:
- Coordinates the collection of data from point of origin to reports.
- Collects data and prepares PGA Golf Management quarterly, annual and other PGA reports as required on department and student activities, as outlined by the PGA’s Standards & Criteria.
- Analyzes and reviews financial expenditures and cost projections as well as collect data necessary for budget preparation and planning for the Program Director.
What We Offer Salary Range:
- High level of integrity and ethics.
- Positive, enthusiastic, and caring attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills to include excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a multi-cultural environment that is committed to diversity and equality in education.
- Manage various objectives, projects, and groups to make judgment on prioritizing and time.
- Ability to compile data and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of project planning and development. Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Knowledge of event management and the ability to plan, organize, execute, and coordinate events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and other commonly used software programs applicable to business operations.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Ability to generate and maintain productive relationships with internal and external partners.Ability to appropriately manage expenses related to an established budget.
Generally starting at $31,369 - $40,476 per year.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid vacation and time off, and a tuition benefit. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services
. Total compensation goes beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider reviewing the Total Compensation page at Total Compensation Calculators | University of Colorado
.Tentative Search Timeline:Complete applications received by 5:00 PM Mountain Time on Monday, August 30, 2021 will receive full consideration.The potential dates for interviews with the search committee will be September 14-15, 2021. The potential dates for interviews with the supervisor and appointing authority will be during the week of September 20, 2021.The potential employee start date is mid October 2021.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living, and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check and a sex-offender check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions and meet the physical and environment demands described satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, physical and environmental conditions required of the employee on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, physical and environmental demands.
Applicants with disabilities: If you have a mental or physical impairment, which limits one of your major life activities (e.g. walking, hearing, seeing, speaking, breathing, or learning) and require special accommodations for testing or interviewing, it is your responsibility to notify the office scheduling the interview or test at least 3 working days before the interview or test date. If you need special accommodations at the work site, you must notify the appointing authority or Human Resources.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a field of study related to the work assignment.
- Two (2) years of full-time equivalent experience in the field of recruiting, workforce development, or adult training programs.
- At least one (1) year of event planning experience.
- Experience in academic programming in a higher education setting.Experience working with faculty and staff in a university setting. Experience with campus information systems and reporting tools (e.g. PeopleSoft, Concur Travel & Expense System).Experience managing social media accounts for an organization. Knowledge of the sport of golf and golf industry.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit.
- Employee is occasionally required to move.
- Tasks may involve using a computer screen continuously for long periods of time
- Ability to type on a keyboard and use a mouse continuously for long periods of time.The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Academic ServicesPrimary Location:
Aug 12, 2021Unposting Date: