Student Assistant - Assistant Program Director Location:
UWG Recruiting Location Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Welcome to one of the most dynamic universities in the nation.
Since 1906, UWG has been home to those who are eager to take their own path, learn, and grow. With more than 13,400 students and 85+ programs, we've come a long way since then. Today, we're a regional powerhouse with locations in Carrollton, Douglasville, and Newnan, Georgia, making a difference in the lives of our students, our neighbors, and the world. The one thing that's never changed: Amazing things happen when you Go West.
Becoming is about what we grow to be. UWG is positioning for Success in the 21st Century, introducing Strategic Priorities to help shape a comprehensive blueprint for our university. Relevance, Competitiveness and Placemaking serve as the pillars for the future of the institution. Learn more at https://www.westga.edu/becominguwg/index.php.
UWG Commitment Statement
Dedicating ourselves to the curation of a first-choice university.
• Collaborate with the Music and Production departments to organize and maintain MusicMaster Libraries.
• Display leadership by training and scheduling On-Air Personalities to ensure all shifts are covered.
• Write correctly and clearly to maintain On-Air personality request forms and checklists
• Critically evaluate their own work and the work of others for accuracy, fairness, clarity, and proper style to approve all new stagers, promos, liners, openers, legal ID’s, and other station on-air imaging;
• Display professionalism and leadership by keeping a current list of On-Air Personality with contact numbers and e-mail address in the booth and office;
• Collaborate with Program Director to Critically evaluate the work of yourself and others through listening to on air entities for quality issues
• Demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical principles and work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness and diversity to schedule On Air Personalities for events.
• Exhibit leadership and teamwork by scheduling monthly On Air Personality meetings.
• Apply current tools and technologies to assist with station remotes and events
• Utilize teamwork and leadership to train and mentor staff and volunteers.
• Adhere to all Policy and Procedures
• Report any and all violations to GM and OM
All students must have completed one or more of the following courses: In house WIT Training Course, COMM 3351-Radio Program Production, COMM-3352 Fundamentals of Television Production, COMM-3353 Fundamentals of Film & Video Production, COMM 4421-Radio Practicum, COMM 4485 – Sports Communication, and COMM-3354 Digital Social Media & Society.
Student must have a 2.0 GPA.
Skilled with Adobe Audition
Frequently moves Audio/Visual equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across campus for various classrooms and events needs