Requisition Number:32569Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Research FacultySchedule:Full-TimeDate Posted:13-Aug-2021 Close All
Join the web team at LASP to support web applications for scientists, mission operators, and engineers working on NASA space science missions. This individual will provide operational support for our web servers and other system infrastructure, as well as supporting end users. We are looking for applicants who can communicate well with teams and users, learn quickly, and manage their time while multitasking. This position is located in Boulder, CO; we prefer that you are available to come to the office on a flexible hybrid schedule. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives, and we encourage applications from motivated individuals who may not meet all of the listed qualifications but are willing and excited to learn on the job.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only academic research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
LASP combines all aspects of space exploration through our expertise in science, engineering, mission operations, and scientific data analysis. As part of CU, LASP also works to educate and train the next generation of space scientists, engineers, and mission operators by integrating undergraduate and graduate students into working teams.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Deploy, configure, and support Linux based software packages and operating systems
- Support deployment, provisioning, and patch management for servers in production and development environments
- Support improvements to our existing infrastructure, e.g. containerization and infrastructure as code
- Implement Ansible roles and scripts related to the deployment of our web infrastructure
- Implement and manage CI / CD jobs and tools using Jenkins
- Review and solve issues involving system performance, configuration, restoration, applications, and software tools
- Support developers in infrastructure build-out
- Occasional off-hours work
What You Should Know
- Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
What We Can Offer
The hiring range is $98K -$138K.
BenefitsThe University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
.Be StatementsBe collaborative. Be strategic. Be Boulder.What We Require
- Web servers / Proxy servers
- Containerization technologies
- Continuous integration
- Linux system administration
- Familiarity with command line interfaces
- Managing software artifacts
- Configuration management tools
- Log management using Splunk
- Administration of web-based tools such as Splunk or Atlassian
What We Would Like You To Have
- Setting up and managing OIDC based authentication such as Keycloak
- Scripting, e.g., shell scripting and Python and other dynamic scripting languages
- Software engineering, network engineering, or database implementation
- Container management tools
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]