Job no: 501791
Work type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Facilities Maintenance Service Technician III
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$53,000 - $84,800 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$25.48 per hour
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Facilities Maintenance Service Technician supports that effort through the performance of skilled maintenance functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Advanced knowledge and experience in building maintenance, maintenance processes and methods.
• Experience and able to perform PVC and plumbing repairs, electrical, painting and drywall repair, etc. Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations related to areas of assignment.
• Understands and complies with company policies.
• Experience solving problems is required to identify issues and select action plans.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, adapting to changing work priorities with attention to detail.
• Knowledge and policies for safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Must have good people skills and work well in a diverse environment.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and electrical wiring diagrams.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations to obtain appropriate area estimations.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment when carrying out projects and/or tasks.
• Experience with material handling and construction, advanced knowledge of power tools, operating various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments.
• Ability to perform work under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
• Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and customer service oriented.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending over, stooping, twisting, talking, hearing, climbing ladders, using stairs, reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, or crawling. Pushing or pulling 10-50 lbs., lifting 10-80 lbs., carrying 10-50 lbs., repetitive use of arms and legs, driving, balancing, manual dexterity-fine manipulation or grasping. May require working in adverse weather conditions.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associates Degree / Trade School Certificate and six (6) years of related experience, or High School Diploma and eight (8) years of work-related experience. Official transcript/license required.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday including nights and weekends.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs a wide variety of building maintenance and repairs completing work orders on time and ensures the safety of students, faculty, staff when completing work orders.
• Ensures compliance to health and safety regulations, policies, and established work practices.
• Trains other maintenance techs on work prioritization and safety protocols.
• Performs various tasks as assigned, such as carpentry, plumbing, light electrical work, drywall repair, moving furniture and minor door hardware installation, such as lock set or door closure installation.
• Orders inventory supplies, parts, equipment, and other related items using a web-based procurement system.
• Maintains a positive working relationship with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
• Provides leadership and guidance with other staff members completing projects to ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed within budget allocations.
• Responsible for proactive inspection of the buildings noting repairs, replacement, or service maintenance to the building.
• Performs repairs and installation reads blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals sometimes asking questions for clarity.
• Maintains plumbing functions to include installation, repair, and unclogging drains, etc.
• Performs water analysis and chemical treatment.
• Responsible for painting functions and various tasks such as carpentry and additional duties.
• Responsible for the maintenance of Safety Data Sheet (SDS) recording all hazardous materials.
• May provide backup assistance for other areas in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 11 Aug 2021 Central Daylight Time