Job no: 501792
Work type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Facilities Maintenance Service Technician I
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$36,000 - $57,600 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$17.31 per hour
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000 sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Facilities Maintenance Service Technician supports that effort through the performance of skilled maintenance functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Understanding of mechanical operations, grounds keeping and facility operations. Knowledge of building techniques and construction materials.
• Demonstrate knowledge of safety procedures and compliance.
• Ability to multi-task and identify priorities.
• Attention to detail with strong organization and project management skills.
• Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
• Working knowledge of at least two trade areas.
• Demonstrated a proactive approach to address a multi-level audience consisting of internal and external relationships.
• Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrate oversight of daily operation and maintenance of all working elements of properties.
• Ability to maintain and upkeep of common areas and amenities adhering to safety, health, and clean environment compliance.
• Must have organizational skills, problem solving, and creative thinking to resolve escalated issues, drive continuous process improvement.
• Demonstrate high level of customer service and conduct business in a professional, courteous, and appropriate manner.
• Able to interact with clients and coworkers concerning activities and problems that occur to resolve maintenance issues.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, bending over, stooping, twisting, talking, hearing, climbing ladders, using stairs, reaching overhead, crouching, kneeling, or crawling. Pushing or pulling 10-50 lbs., lifting 10-80 lbs., carrying 10-50 lbs., repetitive use of arms and legs, driving, balancing, manual dexterity-fine manipulation or grasping. May require working in adverse weather conditions.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Associates Degree / Trade School Certificate or High School Diploma and two (2) years of experience. Official transcripts required.
• Ability to work extended hours beyond the regular 8:00 am to 5:00 pm workday including nights and weekends.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs and services.
• Assists with various tasks such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and additional duties as required.
• Reads blueprints, schematics, and technical manuals, performing repairs and installation activities.
• Assists minor plumbing functions such as installs and repairs flush units for urinals and toilets, flush valves faucets leaks, clogged drains and sewers, repair sinks and commodes, etc.
• Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations.
• Requisitions supplies, parts, equipment, and other related items using a web-based procurement system.
• Provide backup assistance for other areas in the individual’s absence.
• Works with colleagues and clients to complete projects.
• Performs painting functions such as taping, bedding, sanding, and texturing structures.
• Ensures safe working conditions and the maintenance of all MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) on file on all hazardous materials.
• Utilizes excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with diverse internal/external stakeholders and constituents within the Dallas College community network.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 11 Aug 2021 Central Daylight Time