Job no: 501798
Work type: Full-time
Location: Various locations
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00 (Some nights and weekends)
Automotive Detailing Technician
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$32,000 - $51,200 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$15.38 per hour
The Dallas College Facilities Management Department supports the facility needs for Dallas College while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the College's physical assets. The Facilities Management Department is responsible for approximately 5,000,000sq. ft. of physical space and over 1400 acres of land, located across multiple locations in Dallas County. The position of Automotive Detailing Technician supports that effort through the process of maintaining a clean and serviceable fleet across all Dallas College locations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of standard vehicle cleaning procedures.
- Experience using automotive cleaning equipment such as vacuum cleaners, power washers and cleaning compounds.
- Knowledge of methods, equipment, and cleaning solutions for cleaning and disinfecting vehicles inside and out.
- Able to understand and carry out work orders.
- Ability to manage prioritizing assigned tasks.
- Good organizational skills.
- Skills to recognize safety hazards in the work environment to prevent injury to self and building occupants.
- Knowledge of storing and using hazardous materials and apply precautions when handling hazardous materials and liquids.
- Able to identify problems and involve others in seeking solutions when uncertain.
- Skills to identify problems and take action to fix or complete the work order, to fix the problems. Skills and experience to operate and maintain various vehicle cleaning machines.
- Ability to work with colleagues and troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment with accuracy and speed, ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• High School Diploma plus one (1) years of related automotive detailing experience.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel.
*** Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures the highest quality of vehicle cleanliness across all Dallas College locations and assists the maintenance department with the cleaning and detailing of vehicles.
• Travels within Dallas County utilizing College vehicles. Keeps all fleet vehicles clean and fueled.
• Assists Fleet Manager in logistics of college fleet.
• Works with other facilities teammates to ensure the highest level of customer service.
• Provides safe and healthy buildings for Dallas College students, faculty, and staff.
• Assists other facilities management teams as required.
• Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 11 Aug 2021 Central Daylight Time