Description of Position
The following are examples of typical duties that may be assigned to positions in this job family. It does not imply that all positions within the job family perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
Coordinates general office functions within a specific department and performs high level specialized tasks and nonexempt duties that require an advanced knowledge of a functional area or program within the college (ie. Foundation, IT, Library, HR, Student Affairs, OLLI, President's office, Purchasing, etc.).
- Administrative support f
or department by applying knowledge of programmatic and administrative requirements -Reporting to a National Agency-
The National Junior College Athletic Association where attention to detail and accuracy is important
- Resolves problems
and makes recommendations for improvements
- Conducts research
, troubleshoots office systems or procedures for efficiency and accuracy; collects, organizes and details in writing the required documentation in answering queries
- Coordinates and/or acts as a liaison
between work unit and other departments - May perform departmental website maintenance
- Other related duties as assignedMinimum Expectations & Requirements
- Associates degree
- Two years of increasingly responsible office experience
- OR equivalent combination of education/experience in office records and communications or a related field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy office setting
- Proficient in MS Office products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Incumbents may be required to learn applications related to the area of assignment
- Experience working with the public while providing customer service excellence
- Ability to work with confidential/sensitive information
- Accuracy and attention to detail on department paperwork and procedures (proof reading, problem solving, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to provide a high level of customer service and appreciation for diversity to students, faculty, and staff
- Knowledge of department procedures
- Use of professional judgment/discretion in workplace related situations
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree
- Education and/or experience above the minimum required
- Work experience in a community college/higher education work environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and competencies listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.