Trinity Christian College is seeking a full-time Financial Aid Advisor. The Financial Aid Advisor (FAA) serves as the initial contact for students, parents, and college members. Under supervision by the Director, the FAA will provide clear and accurate explanations of financial aid requirements and eligibility criteria. The selected candidate will also be responsible for developing adequate knowledge of record flow within CAMs (office computer system) to accurately interpret and revise applicants' records, including recalculation of financial need. Additionally, the FAA will provide counseling via telephone and take part in on and off campus financial aid informational sessions for new and continuing students.
Further duties and responsibilities may be assigned based on the needs and goals of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Trinity Christian mission, identity and values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Christian intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services.
- Downloads and maintains ISIR data and enters data as appropriate into CAMs (student information system) and into other software programs and tools;
- Confers with individuals and groups to disseminate information and answer questions relating to financial assistance available to students enrolled at Trinity Christian College;
- Works with students and parents to assist in the completion of financial aid processes for awarding student loans, grants, scholarships, and awards;
- Determines amount of financial aid to be awarded, considering such factors as grant eligibility levels (Federal, State, and Institutional), student loan eligibility levels, other scholarships, and college work study programs.
- Reviews students to obtain information needed to determine eligibility for various financial assistance;
- Assists the Director in monitoring student satisfactory academic progress related to participation in financial aid programs and notifies students of probation and suspension actions;
- Assists the Director in calculating R2T4 refunds and repayments for students who withdraw from classes;
- Work closely with the Admission Department as to processing and adjusting incoming student aid packages and providing aid counseling to prospective students and parents (Traditional, Adult and Grad Students).
- Maintains current knowledge regarding applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to the awarding of financial aid funds;
- Contributes to student satisfaction through delivery of quality customer service in all aspects of the administration of the College’s financial aid program;
- Position requires periodic evening and weekend assignments and periodic presentation on and off campus and community events;
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures for financial aid, and the ability to interpret state and federal financial aid regulations
- Extensive experience with aid packaging; and experience with CAMs student informational system preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to the college and community.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be computer proficient and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church
- Contact information for three professional references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Christian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.