Montana State University’s Jake Jabs College of Business & Entrepreneurship (JJCBE) seeks to inspire creativity, innovation, and growth amongst our students, our faculty and in our community. The JJCBE, continuously accredited by the AACSB since 1983, is seeking an experienced faculty member and/or administrator who welcomes new challenges as its next associate dean. We invite candidates who are passionate about excellence in the classroom, exciting and impactful research, and who will thrive personally and professionally in Montana’s largest and fastest-growing higher education institution. Located in Bozeman, a vibrant community in the heart of the northern Rocky Mountains, Montana State University values a broad array of experiences and perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. We seek applicants who will be attracted to and succeed in that environment and particularly those candidates who have demonstrated their ability to help faculty and students from diverse backgrounds achieve their goals. In support of our University’s strategic plan, which promotes access and respect, we enthusiastically encourage members of traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as a principal advisor to the college Dean and a key member of the college senior leadership team along with the Dean, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, and Assistant Dean for Student Services & Retention.
• Serve as the Associate Dean of the college with responsibilities spanning all aspects of our program, including curriculum, administration, student affairs, and faculty success with direct supervisory responsibility for Tenure Track faculty.
• Oversee the Option Coordinators for the Management, Marketing, Finance and Accounting business major options.
• Work closely and coordinate with the Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs on accreditation activities including data collection, reporting and assessments of learning, which result in continuous improvements to our academic program.
• Oversee the Bracken Center and Bracken Business Communications Clinic.
• Manage student appeals and academic misconduct cases.
• Help develop and coordinate experiential learning and economic development opportunities that engage our students and the business community.
• Meet with prospective students and their parents.
• Serve on University committees to represent the College to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
1. Ph.D. or D.B.A. degree in a business or a closely-related field.
2. A distinguished and sustained record of teaching and scholarly activity sufficient to qualify for the award of expedited tenure at Montana State University.
3. A record of accomplishment in academic administration and/or demonstrated evidence of a potential for future success as an academic administrator.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
1. Demonstrated success in a position(s) of responsibility at an AACSB accredited institution.
2. Experience with an accreditation process (preferably academic)
3. Evidence of a collaborative working philosophy and a strong commitment to collegiality and consensus building across disciplinary boundaries.
4. Interpersonal skills and core competencies which would support productive relationships and mutual accountability amongst a diverse faculty.
5. A strong desire to develop and maximize faculty members' capabilities in their pursuit of teaching and scholastic excellence.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
• Personal energy, integrity, and vision
• Ability and desire to support and promote the strategic vision of the College
• Passion for creating outstanding student outcomes
• Positive energy
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Teamwork and collaborative skills
• Ability to multitask and to work quickly
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Responsiveness to all stakeholders (including students, parents, faculty, staff, MSU stakeholders, alumni, donors, and friends of the College)
See additional details and application procedures at: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/25601
Direct Questions to Search Committee Chair: F. William Brown, [email protected], 406 994-4682