LaGrange College, a highly ranked, residential liberal arts college in west central Georgia, seeks an experienced enrollment manager who has a proven track record of positive recruitment outcomes and effective leadership of student success and retention.
The Leadership Opportunity
The Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Success is a high-energy position that seeks to expand the traditional enrollment management role to include the continuum of student experience from initial recruitment through engagement in extracurricular activities to graduation. Its range will parallel, rather than encompass, the academic (curricular and co-curricular) student experience.
Reporting directly to the President, the Vice President is responsible for providing strategic and comprehensive leadership and for molding and shaping all functions and services related to increasing net tuition revenue, strategically growing enrollment and improving student retention for both new and continuing undergraduate and graduate students.
The Enrollment Management and Student Success ef- fort will be driven by the development and implementation of a strategic enrollment management plan that will be fully integrated into the College enterprise. The plan will include strategies for recruitment of all students interested in programs from undergraduate to graduate levels.
In addition, the plan will encompass targeted enrollment marketing, streamlining admissions, tuition pricing, managing fee revenues, financial aid leveraging and working with the Director of Athletics and Recreation to set athletic roster size goals—so that a diverse student body is identified, recruited, retained and supported through and beyond graduation, empowering students to make a difference in every aspect of their lives.
- Provides vision, leadership and strong strategic direction to Enrollment Management in support of the academic mission of the College.
- Develops and implements a highly successful, comprehensive recruitment plan (both annual and long-term plans), including a creative marketing component.
- Develops and implements a highly successful orientation program and oversees the Orientation Team.
- Along with the Cabinet, develops student enrollment and retention goals to accomplish optimum enrollment levels of appropriate size, quality and diversity.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction to the college’s financial aid and scholarship programs in order to recruit and retain more students, optimizing use of state, federal and institutional resources.
- Exercises management of multiple departments including Financial Aid, Admission, tutoring centers and the Panther Academic Center for Excellence (PACE).
- Master’s degree with ten (10) years of experience in enrollment management with successive role growth, with at least five (5) of those years as Vice President.
- Demonstrated leadership success as an innovator in enrollment management, preferably in private, values-based, tuition-dependent colleges or universities with a working knowledge of best practices in all the areas supervised preferred.
About LaGrange College
Since 1831, LaGrange College has been unlocking students’ possibilities and helping them realize their potential. Today, LaGrange is a four-year liberal arts and sciences college offering more than 50 areas of study, including graduate degrees in education and clinical mental health counseling. LaGrange provides the resources and support students need to not only uncover their goals, but to reach them.
Consistently ranked among the South’s top colleges by U.S. News & World Report, LaGrange is committed to providing the best learning environments for its students. In the last 12 years, the college has invested more than $33 million in new or renovated facilities, including a $17 million state-of-the-art lab sciences building.
The institution aims to prepare global leaders who have a commitment to service. With a Global Engagement emphasis and grants of up to $2,000 to study abroad at the end of the sophomore or junior year, the college helps students go beyond the walls of the classroom. A recent Open Doors report placed LaGrange among the top 40 baccalaureate colleges for study-abroad—with 68% of our students having gone global.
Service initiatives include a Servant Scholars Program that gives selected upperclassmen the opportunity to work with community nonprofits to identify areas of need—and develop strategies to address those needs.
Affiliated with the United Methodist Church, LaGrange offers students a multitude of other paths for growth. Many participate in one of 15 NCAA Division III sports, join an intramural team or engage in one of more than 30 clubs and organizations—or create their own.
About LaGrange, Georgia
The city of LaGrange is located 55 minutes from Atlanta’s Hartsfield- Jackson International Airport with I-85 providing easy access. It is home to a thriving arts community, including an art museum, symphony orchestra and Lafayette Society for Performing Arts (ballet, music and theater). The 2,000-seat Sweetland Amphitheater has welcomed an array of artists from Willie Nelson to NEEDTOBREATHE, and Great Wolf Lodge’s water park brings in families from around the world. Outdoor recreational resources include the 26,000-acre West Point Lake, Roosevelt State Park, Pine Mountain and Callaway Gardens. Home to Fortune 500 companies, LaGrange offers historic landmarks, distinctive restaurants and matchless Southern charm.
Referrals and Applications
Letters of application, including a cover letter, résumé and contact information for references should be submitted to:
Confidential review of materials begins immediately. For full consideration, nominations and applications should be submitted prior to August 31, 2021.
LaGrange College challenges the minds and inspires the souls of its students. Founded in 1831 and committed to its relationship with the United Methodist Church and its Wesleyan and liberal arts traditions, the college supports students in their search for truth. An ethical and caring community that values excellence, service, civility, diversity and inclusion, LaGrange College prepares students to become successful, responsible citizens who aspire to lives of integrity and moral courage.
LaGrange College will be distinguished as a college that transforms the lives of its students and its communities.