Custodian (Part-time, 24 hrs), Night Shift - Facilities Management
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsCustodian (Part-time, 24 hrs), Night Shift - Facilities ManagementThe Custodian
performs general and specific cleaning and maintenance tasks to ensure a comfortable, safe and clean environment in which the University community can live, learn and work. S/he represents the department with the University community and its visitors and is expected to exhibit a professional manner; to keep informed of departmental and University rules, regulations and guides pertaining to employment obligations including complying with attendance and clock in and out on time; to work with other University Facilities staff as part of a team; and to be flexible with schedule to accommodate emergency situations such as staffing shortages and snow removal. Duties include but are not limited to:
- In accordance with a detailed cleaning plan and with specific guidance from supervisor, cleans up to 28,000-35,000 square feet of cleanable space per 8-hour workday.
- Performs other tasks as assigned in emergency or unusual situations - examples include, but are not limited to, snow and ice removal, clean up associated with water or fire damage, and special event support.
- Uses standard tools, equipment, materials and supplies of the trade, and observes all safety rules, regulations and precautions.
- Performs tour of duty assignments made by the Manager of Custodial Services and/or the Night Operations Manager, and under certain circumstances - including but not limited to, emergency snow removal, spills and flooding - performs assignments made by the Work Management Center, the Director of Facilities Management, the Resource Manager, the Infrastructure Manager, and other department managers.
The Custodian is considered an emergency position that requires that incumbent reports to work during inclement weather at the regularly scheduled time, regardless of whether the University is closed, opening late, or closing early.Current Georgetown Employees:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1 year of custodial work experience preferred
- Valid DC, VA or MD driver's license
- Reading, writing, and conversing in English in order to read and understand product label instructions, policies and procedures, as well as to effectively discuss custodial matters with supervisors and others
- Ability to sit, walk and stand while working, and to use arms and hands to lift and carry up to thirty-five pounds and custodial equipment
- Ability to walk, climb stairs, bend and crouch, reach and pull while performing duties
- Ability to see, hear, smell, and maintain a fundamental understanding of custodial equipment
- Availability and willingness to work during emergency situations such as staffing shortages and snow removal
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2432062&targetURL=mailto:[email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
opens new window" target="_blank" href="https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=2432062&targetURL=https://benefits.georgetown.edu/">https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2432062
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency