Extension, Support StaffPay Grade:
00Major Administrative Unit / College:
Michigan State University ExtensionDepartment:
Msue Directors Office 10058282Sub Area:
CT- Clerical Tech.Salary:
14.30 per hourLocation:
Benzie, In StateCategories:
Office/Clerical Support, On-Call
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This a temporary or on-call position. Provides clerical support. Responsibilities may include secretarial, receptionist, bookkeeping, information processing or related clerical tasks. Temps On-Campus: includes College of Human Medicine, the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Detroit Medical Center, and the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Macomb University CenterTerm. On campus temps can work six (6) months then terminate for three (3) months or switch to an oncall. Off campus temps can continuously work nine(9) month appointment with a one (1) week break in between. On-Call allowed to work up to 40 hours/week for three (3) months then must be moved down to 19 hours/week and cannot work more than 520 hours in any six (6) month period.
Unit Position Summary
Perform responsible clerical, typing, document and report preparation work, requiring considerable knowledge of departmental and county practices and procedures.
- Provides support to three (3) Michigan State University Extension (MSUE) educators and program coordinators
- Tabulates and posts data in documents and electronic files using word processing, spreadsheet and database software such as Word, Excel, Publisher and Access.
- Greets and assists visitors;
- Prepares documents, reports and resource information for use by Extension Educators;
- Conducts inventories and prepares inventory reports;
- Maintains databases on program participants and activities using MSU Extension web base software;
- Proofreads articles for educators;
- Maintains office equipment and attends training on new systems to provide help to staff;
- Compiles monthly financials for MSUE, 4-H Council and 4-H Animal Market Sale;
- Prepares press releases to local news, commissioners and local municipalities;
- Communicates with a nationwide Extension program for questions on gardening, insects, farm rental and various questions;
- Prepares, issues and sends out receipts, bills and invoices;
- Orders office supplies;
- Sales-plat books and MSUE products; soil testing management;
- Operate and Update VEND/Clover cash register system. Prepare VEND sales and payments reports;
- Point of contact for MSU Extension county emails;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability in establishing and working with a diverse network of constituents and community members across race, gender, socioeconomic class, disabilities and other differences to assist with program development and outreach.
- Understanding of and ability to implement Civil Rights principles and compliance standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover Letter.
Advertised: Sep 23, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 25, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time