Coordinator, Arts and Sciences / Research Support and OutreachPosition Number:
PSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level:
9Pay Grade Range:
$48,371 - $72,482Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, PermanentDepartment:
Dean Arts & SciencesContact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu) Campus Location:
NoJob Description Summary:
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by October 1, 2021. Second consideration may be given to applications received by October 15, 2021. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (October 15, 2021) may not be given full consideration.Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate the college of Arts and Sciences’ (CAS) activities relating to obtaining and administering external grants and sponsored projects. Primarily focus on the pre-award period but have responsibilities across the research life cycle. Conduct trainings in submitting proposals; assist in proposal creation and submission in CAS. Promote funding opportunities. Serve as fiscal and administrative liaison to federal agencies and URI’s Division of Research and Economic Development. Help manage administrative support functions (overhead and research funds) for CAS and its units including the following: budget monitoring, compliance and forecasting, and development of online reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Required Qualifications:
Assist CAS faculty in the development of components of proposals, including budgets and overhead forms, and in submitting proposals through the pre-award routing systems.
Identify and disseminate targeted funding opportunities throughout CAS and assist in establishing faculty teams for these opportunities when needed.
Train faculty and staff in grant proposal submittal systems, online reporting and other grant life cycle activities.
Manage compliance monitoring and stay informed about and interpret federal, state, college and university policies for all grant-related areas.
Monitor grants. both pre- and post-award. Advise faculty and staff in the fiscal administration of their awards.
Review grant proposals, with the Associate Dean, as part of the college approval process.
Prepare and submit federal, state, and internal programmatic reports as directed.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Promote the visibility of excellence in research, scholarship and creative works.
Collaborate with faculty to increase outside funding across all disciplines.
Perform additional related duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printers, and word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software. Microsoft Office. Peoplesoft. Research.gov/Fastlane. InfoEd.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Minimum three years of business management experience in a research setting at a university or college.
3. Demonstrated experience in budget preparation.
4. Demonstrated working knowledge of research life cycle, proposal components, and submission systems (i.e., Research.gov, Fastlane, Cayuse, Stremlyne and/or InfoEd).
5. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
6. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
7. Demonstrated service-orientation skills.
8. Demonstrated computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, spreadsheets and formulas, Google suite, data visualization software such as PowerBI or Tableau, and Adobe).
9. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated ability to work with faculty members from all academic disciplines to support competitive funding proposals.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:Posting Date:
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
08/11/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application: Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter/Letter of Interest
(#3) “Other Document – References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).