DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Department of Pediatrics | Section of Hospital MedicineOpen Rank: Instructor, Senior Instructor, or Assistant ProfessorPosition #00786410 & #00786411 – Requisition #22415* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hospital Medicine has an opening for two full-time
Open Rank: Instructor, Senior Instructor, or Assistant Professor positions. Nature of Work:
- Full time position in the Section of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. Clinical responsibilities would take place at Children’s Hospital Colorado (CHCO) Anschutz campus, the Children’s Hospital of Colorado Network of Care and in the well-baby nurseries and NICU’s at community hospitals.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
- Proctoring, supervising or teaching students, residents or trainees in a clinical setting.
- Care of pediatric patients admitted to general pediatric wards or observation units at the Children’s Hospital Colorado and its Network of Care.
- Care of well newborns and newborns admitted to Level 2 NICU.
- Routine newborn circumcision, lumbar puncture, procedural sedation.
- Clinical coverage for a 1.0cFTE hospitalist position is 166 day-tiem shifts. The shift differential at night is 1.75. Shifts will be served on day service with nocturnist and swing shifts required throughout the year. There will be some reasonable seasonal variation in the number of hours worked per week and the actual hours of necessary coverage.
- Providers are required to take at least one Jeopardy shift each month. If called in on Jeopardy, full credit will be given as a shift worked and moonlighting pay will be given, or it will be deducted from your yearly clinal requirement.
- Your clinical hours will include major and minor holidays.
- A schedule for coverage of sites of practice will be completed prior to the coverage dates by the Medical Director in consultation with the other physician/providers. Any scheduling disputes will be settled by the Medical Director. The provider whose name appears on the schedule will be responsible for assuring coverage, and any uncovered shifts will result in a decrease in compensation, on a prorated basis.
- Due to the multiple facilities within the CHCO NOC at which Hospitalist services are provided, you may be required to provide care at a site other than the usual site of practice. Notification of the need to provide care at an alternative site will be made as soon as possible. Orientation to a new site of practice will be provided by the site medical director or their designee.
- Scheduling is done through the online QGenda system, to which you will be oriented. This online program is the mechanism for schedule requests and viewing individual and site shift schedules. In addition, it is the mechanism for shift changes.
- Become certified for Procedural Sedation per CHCO guidelines.
- Maintain active medical staff privileges at appropriate facilities.
- You are required to complete EPIC training to achieve proficiency in charting with the EMR. You will also comply with all CHCO and CU Medicine rules regarding timely and accurate documentation in the EPIC EMR.
- Practitioner is expected to comply with annual PRISM evaluation process.
- You will be expected to spend several days each month tending to non-clinical duties such as teaching, quality improvement/research and administrative obligations. Administrative responsibilities may include input into hospital and clinic systems, committee work and projects aimed at improving the hospital medicine service and clinical mission.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
- Instructor: The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $148,000 to $160,000.
- Senior Instructor: The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $155,000 to $163,900.
- Assistant Professor: The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $160,000 - 173,800.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsOffice of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Senior InstructorBC/BE in General Pediatrics or Pediatric Hospital Medicine Completion of pediatric residency training and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in general pediatrics or hospital medicine Assistant Professor BC/BE in General Pediatrics or Pediatric Hospital Medicine Completion of pediatric residency training and/or a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in general pediatrics or hospital medicine Proven administrative experience in the field of pediatric hospital medicineSustained clinical experience in pediatric hospital medicineConditions of Employment:
- BC/BE in General Pediatrics or Pediatric Hospital Medicine
- Completion of pediatric residency training and/or a minimum of 0-3 years of experience in general pediatrics or hospital medicine
Preferred Qualifications:Experience in Hospital MedicineExperience in newborn care and NICU Sustained clinical experience in pediatric hospital medicineDemonstrated leadership and accomplishments in complex organizational environments Documented vision and success in building clinical programsCompetencies:The applicant should be able to work well both independently and as part of a team. Ability to be well-organized and efficient in their work and be able to prioritize patient and system needs appropriately. The applicant should be highly committed to quality improvement, family centered care, and evidence-based practice.Proven administrative and leadership abilities.Excellent communication skills to interface with learners, faculty, health care teams, administrators, community organizations and donors.Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
Sep 23, 2021Unposting Date: