Title:Continuing Education and Workforce Development Operations Assistant-Hourly/Temporary Posted Date:08/10/2021 Job Category:Hourly and Temporary Department:Instructional Support Center - HISC Position Status:Hourly/Temporary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide first line customer service to telephone inquiries and walk in registrants
• Actively work to resolve inquiries/issues at point of contact using full range of college systems
• Actively work to convert telephone inquiries to student registrations
• Provide section maintenance services through the creation and maintenance of databases of current information on courses, enrollments, course locations, room scheduling, financial information and instructor information
• Communicate tactfully with instructors and students regarding enrollments, class status, room locations, billing issues, and any problems that arise with regard to course offerings
• Be current with college credit registration/admission procedures. Provide backup support as necessary to other registration sites
• Compose and prepare a variety of documents, reports and correspondence using word processing, spreadsheet and database software at an intermediate level
• Participate in office and telephone coverage to disseminate information and respond to inquiries from students, faculty, staff, and the public
• Assist in maintaining a filing system for divisional documentation
• Generate, scan and verify student opinion forms
Required Qualifications:* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Two years of general clerical experience required; experience in an educational environment preferred.
* Ability to type accurately at 55 wpm using a personal computer.
* Ability to work well with minimal supervision with attention to details and deadlines.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Working knowledge of college operations and resources highly desirable.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, and weekend hours to accommodate the needs of the program.
* Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with students, faculty, staff, governmental agencies, community organizations and the public.
Work Schedule:Mon-Thu: 12:30 – 5:30 p.m. Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae