IT Operations Analyst🔍Business Affairs: University IT (UIT), Stanford, California, United States
📁Information Technology Services📅Aug 10, 2021 Post Date📅90828 Requisition #The IT Operations Analyst position is a member of the IT Resilience team within the Stanford University IT Infrastructure (ITI) organization. IT Infrastructure manages all on-premise enterprise data center and communications facilities, including all enterprise data networking, voice communications, and related supporting technologies. Whether for research, procurement of goods and services, or any number of other mission-critical and time-sensitive transactions, the Stanford community relies on the foundation and backbone that University IT (UIT) provides with its communications and IT facilities. Our primary objective is to provide a reliable infrastructure that is built with state-of-the-art technologies to meet the current and anticipate future demands of the university mission. In the role of IT Operations Analyst, your focus will improve service health and delivery to our clients. You will foster alignment of functional expectations to service delivery, maximize efficiency across the organization, and reduce IT complexity by establishing clear communication channels for feedback from customers, peers, and cross functional teams. You will ensure compliance with processes such as Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change management within ITI. You will analyze service operational activity to identify trends to increase our ability to make preemptive and immediate corrective actions that minimize risk. You will define Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and develop IT policies and procedures. You will review and consult on implementation, backup and backout plans to ensure they are rationalized and communicated, improving visibility across the entire IT infrastructure organization. You will utilize your knowledge of the IT Service Management framework and exceptional organizational skills. You must be collaborative, self-motivated, and proactive, as you will engage in a number of initiatives, with competing priorities, across a wide array of staff in University IT. Core Duties:
Minimum Requirements: Education & Experience:
- Function as the ITI configuration item (CI) Manager of the Configuration management database (CMDB) by maintaining and/or coordinating data, ensuring that information for the ITI CIs can be collected, maintained and if required, automated, and participate in the CMDB governance group.
- Create and maintain high-level program/project dashboards, reports and metrics for ITI services
- Closely collaborate with UIT support teams to ensure they are trained and prepared to resolve issues upon first point of contact, or efficiently triage and dispatch for deep-level support and expedient resolution.
- Translate business processes into system requirements and/or development of systems solutions.
- Analyze new business requirements, assist with feasibility of enhancement requests, system functionality, current system use and user needs to facilitate improvements in productivity and profitability.
- Specify functional analysis and design and work with developers and analysts to recommend solutions and resolve system issues.
- Perform testing of new systems, upgrades and patching of existing systems; plan, conduct and document results of testing.
- Develop instructional materials, training and job aids.
- Analyze data and provide data sets to users for analysis. May include development of operational and analytical reports for end users.
- Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems, which may include system development, implementation and/or operations.
- Coordinate the implementation of new or modified business systems.
Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Familiar with the ITIL framework and activities such as IT service management that focus on aligning IT services with the needs of clients.
- Knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflows.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Experience with ServiceNow, Smartsheet, Google Drive
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Skill in developing and conducting training programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Exhibit resilience, problem-solving solutions and results-driven capabilities.
None Physical Requirements:
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job. Stanford University’s commitment to safely and effectively meet the public health challenge presented by COVID-19 extends to ensuring University employees may work from home, or another off-site location, where determined appropriate, whenever necessary through the end of August 2021. The department will give reasonable notice when employees are expected to return to work at the Stanford and/or Redwood City campus. Working Conditions:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds
- Work extended hours
- This position is eligible for full-time remote work from any location in the U.S., with periodic visits to campus once travel restrictions are lifted.
Why Stanford is for you:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TEDTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health and fitness classes at our excellent exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4772
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: I
- Requisition ID: 90828