Program Associate, Cardinal Careers🔍Vice Provost for Undergrad Education, Stanford, California, United States
📁Student Services📅Sep 20, 2021 Post Date📅90845 Requisition #Job Title: Student Services Officer 1Working Title: Cardinal Careers Program AssociateLocation: Flexible Work OpportunitiesJob Code: 7501Job Grade: FFTE: 100%Exemption Status: ExemptFixed-term appointment period: 20-month fixed-term The Haas Center for Public Service
is seeking a Cardinal Careers Program Associate to work with the Cardinal Careers team. Cardinal Careers supports undergraduate and graduate students in integrating service into any career and pursuing work in the public interest. The Cardinal Careers Associate is primarily responsible for supporting core administrative functions of the Cardinal Careers programs. They lead critical outreach and promotion efforts and advise students. Responsibilities include curation of the Careers newsletter, events support and management, administration of awards and fellowships, tracking and reporting key program metrics and data, and managing the various online platforms used by the team. In this role, you will:
- Advise students on public service careers pathways, job and fellowship opportunities, and career planning.
- Develop and facilitate orientation sessions and skill-building sessions for students seeking post-graduate public service fellowships, and for career development.
- Independently manage logistical and administrative details of events from concept to actualization.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources including student feedback, surveys, trend reports, and data analytics. Prepare and summarize reports and make recommendations to enhance public service programming and advising.
- Identify trends, perform needs analysis, and participate in the implementation and testing of new technology.
- May develop marketing materials and strategies for Careers activities and outreach functions. Assist in planning and developing webinars, education fairs and other external functions.
- May provide oversight with the administration of financial processes such as financial reimbursements, data entry, reviewing terms and conditions regarding contracts, understanding vendor requirements, and following up and resolving issues.
*-The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Basic analysis and problem-solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience
- Understanding of financial transactions
- Ability to learn and understand compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Experience in a year-of service or service fellowship program such as AmeriCorps or PeaceCorps
- Public service or related experience
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to work some weekend and evening hours
- Experience engaging with diverse student audiences (e.g. new students, diverse majors, Greek organizations, athletes, community centers, student groups, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cardinal Service and Stanford student life
*-Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job. About the Haas Center for Public Service
Stanford University’s Haas Center for Public Service serves as the hub of Cardinal Service, a campus-wide initiative to make service a distinctive feature of a Stanford education. The Haas Center inspires and prepares students to create a more just and sustainable world through service, scholarship, and community partnerships. Guided by the Center’s Principles of Ethical and Effective Service, students engage in local, national, and global service across diverse pathways—community engaged learning and research, community organizing and activism, direct service, philanthropy, policy and governance, and social entrepreneurship and corporate social responsibility. Cardinal Service focuses on four dimensions that have proven transformative in the lives of students: a full-time, quarter-long service experience (Cardinal Quarter); community engaged learning classes (Cardinal Courses); sustained service engagement (Cardinal Commitment); and support to integrate service into any career and pursue work in the public interest (Cardinal Careers). This position offers a competitive salary and generous benefits, including dedicated resources for professional development.Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven individuals to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or course auditing opportunities. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
*-Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. How to Applyhttp://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
- Click on Job Search
- Enter 90845 in the Keyword Search field
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7501
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 90845