Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department:
Aircraft Maintenance Primary Location:
Staff Job Type:
Full Time Position Close Date:
Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the inspection and maintenance of fleet aircraft.
- Performs inspections of fleet aircraft; performs scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance.
- Performs minor and major repairs/alterations as required.
- Makes proper logbook entries in accordance with FAA regulations and university standards.
- Manages parts and supply inventory through proper use of the computerized inventory control system.
- Maintains assigned tools and equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of the inspection, repair and maintenance of aircraft systems.
- Knowledge of FAA regulations.
- Knowledge of aircraft logbook and records maintenance requirements.
- Knowledge of the tools and equipment used in the inspection, diagnosis, and repair of aircraft systems.
- Skill to read, understand, and implement manufacturer’s technical data and instructions.
- Skill to make timely decisions.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Director of Aircraft Fleet Maintenance assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include FAA regulations and university policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of varied instructional and technical maintenance duties. The variety of systems to be maintained combined with strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to participate in the maintenance of the school’s air fleet. Success in this position ensures that the fleet is properly maintained and that flight schedules are met.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and weekend shifts as required.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university personnel, industry vendors, FAA inspectors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending, or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
- The work is typically performed in an office, aircraft hangar, or outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, or machinery with moving parts. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Possession of FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant certificates.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected]
with the subject line “10018152 Aircraft Tech II- Macon". Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background check will be conducted on final candidate.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D