Data Coordinator 2 Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Responsibilities The Data Coordinator 2 performs high-quality data abstraction that is accurate and suitable for statistical analysis. Data should meet the protocol specified parameters and comply with all other applicable regulations, policies, and procedures. Responsible for the accurate entry, transmission, retrieval, and management of study data for the Cancer Center, Clinical Trials Office. Responsible for seeing that all data is handled in accordance to HIPPA and in compliance with all other applicable regulations, policies and procedures. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Accurately enter study data into case report forms (electronic and paper) according to study requirements for all studies.
- Learns electronic data entry process for required studies.
- Responsible for seeing that data is accurately and timely transmitted to the sponsor.
- Responsible for seeing that all data is handled in accordance to HIPAA and in compliance with all institutional policies and procedures. Assists Administrative Director, Clinical Trials Office in implementation data management policies and procedures.
- Assists with data retrieval, responds to all queries in a timely fashion. Makes corrections to data entry in an acceptable manner as directed by the sponsor, Investigator or research nurse coordinator.
- At the request of investigator or Cancer Center Administrative Director, retrieves data in an acceptable format for patient management or publication.
- Performs all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Required Qualifications Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
Completion of two years of college level coursework and two years of related work experience.Preferred Qualifications Oncology research specific knowledge and experience preferred; Familiarity with medical terminology; Experience in database management software - preferably OnCore; Certification from the Association of Clinical Research Professionals as a Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) or Certified Clinical Research Associate (CCRA)Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
High attention to detail and change management
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Detail-oriented with strong prioritization, multi-tasking, organizational, problem-solving and time-management skillsShift/Salary/Benefits Shift: Days/M-F Pay Grade: 12 Salary: $15.06/hour
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.