Chaminade College Preparatory seeks a service oriented computer professional to join our outstanding IT team as a HELP DESK SUPPORT TECHNICIAN serving Chaminade faculty and staff IT support needs in a multi-campus environment.
The Help Desk Support Technician reports to the Network Manager. The position continually monitors the help desk ticketing system and promptly responds to service requests. The Help Desk Support Technician is the primary support resource for faculty and staff help desk support needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures quality, timely and efficient services to faculty and staff as needed.
- Provides frontline technology support for faculty & staff relating to a variety of computer software and hardware issues. Troubleshoots problems and applies recommended solutions.
- Performs hardware upgrades of existing equipment, installations and connections.
- Assists in school-wide upgrades and installations of locally installed programs.
- Performs workstation setups and configurations as needed.
- Performs periodic virus, malware, and performance optimizations on end user workstations.
- Trains users in the operations of the network and authorized software and informs users on the status of requested orders and Help Desk requests.
- Continually updates and informs the Network Manager on the status of all equipment and user requests.
- Collaborates with Facilities Department to troubleshoot and maintain classroom projection solutions including DLPs, LCD Screens, HDMI, Wireless, and speaker and microphone operations.
- Responds to and follows-up on phone communications with vendors and purchase orders as necessary.
- Educates and enforces IT policies on users within scope of position. Reports all violations to the Network Manager or to the Director of Information Systems.
- Provides exceptional customer service and level of excellence required by department. Follows principles of ITIL best practices.
- Works diligently in improving and updating level of technical expertise as the technical field changes frequently.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks/requests for assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates should have a combination of education and experience equivalent to:
- High School Diploma. Some college is preferred.
- Four or more years experience in the technical support of Microsoft Windows is preferred. Experience in a school setting preferred.
- A+ Certification or related experience/training preferred.
- Previous experience with desktop and laptops running Windows 10 preferred.
- Previous experience with Lenovo hardware preferred.
- Previous experience supporting Windows Desktop Operating Systems preferred.
- Experience with the support and operation of Office365 and other Microsoft programs preferred.
- Experience with video conference tools like Teams, Zoom etc. preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passion for Chaminade's mission (see About Chaminade)
- Proactive, detail and service oriented.
- Ability to communicate with team members and end user stakeholders effectively.
- Ability to exercise patience in delivery of customer service.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain attached peripherals, structured cabling, wireless access points, cameras and other enterprise devices.
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble laptops and desktop computers.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and ability to demonstrate how to work through an issue without the use of wizards.
- Proven expertise in software, hardware, and network troubleshooting, upgrades and repairs.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure, cabling, and network security issues.
- Solid understanding of the machine imaging process and tools. Knowledge of imaging solutions such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and how Sysprep operates.
- Familiarity with the use of PowerShell based scripts and commands.
- Familiarity with help desk and asset management systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of supporting cloud based Office 365 & Google Suite solutions.
- Ability to follow documented instructions and be able to think beyond instructions to find solutions.
- Must be able lift equipment up to 50 pounds.
Deadline for Submission of Applications
Applications are being accepted immediately. This position is open until filled.
Salary and Benefits
This is a non-exempt (hourly) position. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. Chaminade employees enjoy a competitive employee benefits program including medical, dental and vision coverages, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan contribution, and voluntary supplemental life insurance and long-term care coverages.
Interested applicants may apply online through our employment webpage at: www.chaminade.org/employment.
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
Any applicant who needs help or needs an accommodation in order to apply for any position should contact the human resources office at (818) 366-9284.
Chaminade is an independent co-educational Catholic school serving students in grades 6-12 at our two beautiful campuses located in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles. One of the best things about Chaminade is our strong sense of family. We work together, play together, and pray together. We are a family, a community committed to the success and well-being of each and every student.
We inspire young people to love, learn, and lead through our Catholic and Marianist traditions of a living faith, academic excellence, and moral responsibility.
Chaminade College Preparatory graduates are prepared, inspired, and equipped to:
- Share God's love by caring for others and seeking justice and peace.
- Learn, adapt, and grow with the world around them.
- Become servant leaders and positive contributors to society.
The Characteristics of Marianist Education
Chaminade's mission and culture are deeply rooted in the five Characteristics of Marianist Education which are:
- Educating for Formation in Faith
- Providing an Integral Quality Education
- Educating in Family Spirit
- Educating for Service, Justice, and Peace and the Integrity of Creation
- Educating for Adaptation and Change
Chaminade's Commitment to Diversity
Chaminade College Preparatory is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the value that a rich and diverse community brings to our school. Our employee culture is deeply rooted in our Catholic faith and the five Characteristics of Marianist Education. Our Catholic Marianist tradition is lived on our campuses every day, and is evident in our Chaminade Family Spirit where each of our faculty and staff is valued for their unique and varied gifts and talents. Chaminade's faculty, staff, and administration come from all faiths, ethnicities, races, genders, and socioeconomic backgrounds and we are stronger for it.
For more information about Chaminade, visit our website at: www.chaminade.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Chaminade College Preparatory is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, or genetic information, or other basis protected by law for employment in a Catholic school. Applicants who need an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment and hiring process should contact the human resources department in order to discuss reasonable accommodation.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.