ServiceNow PROGRAMMER ANALYST II,IS&T Administrative Systems Tracking Code0629 Job Description
The ServiceNow Programmer Analyst II will design, configure and develop and deploy a wide variety of items including forms, automated test plans, documentation, and reports. They will support ServiceNow functionality in conjunction with a team of more senior developers. This is an excellent learning opportunity with exposure to ServiceNow modules in use at Boston University including Incident, Problem, Change, CMDB, Project, Resource, Catalog Request Items, Release, Enhancements & Defects, Automated Testing Framework, Security Operations and Customer Service Management. This is a professional role that will work on multiple projects, enhancements, and defect resolution as a developer or as a domain specialist. This individual should have knowledge of the system development life cycle. This position will share responsibility for operational support and maintenance of BU's ServiceNow implementation enabling university processes including quarterly patches and annual upgrades. This position offers an opportunity to work in all stages of the software development process and will provide a variety of tasks on a week to week basis as a member of a dynamic and energetic team. We are eager to collaborate with and learn from new team members!
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field with 1+ years of experience with ServiceNow configuration preferred. 5+ years or formal training in ServiceNow may be substituted for a degree
- Candidates holding more advanced degrees or with more than minimum experience in applications development looking to learn ServiceNow as a new skill are welcome to apply
- ServiceNow Administrator training strongly preferred. Certification is welcome, but not required
- Experience designing and implementing ServiceNow or other comparable service management system preferred
- Familiarity with project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum will be very advantageous in this position
- Must be willing and able to follow established processes and procedures for ticket artifact updates, design reviews, estimating, documentation, testing, and deployment activities
- Experience working on projects/issues of simple to medium complexity strongly desired
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communications skills required
- Ability to self-teach from documentation, existing code, and online training materials will be key factors to success.
- Familiarity with ITIL terminology and processes a plus
- Certifications in ITIL welcome and certification classes will be offered through BU to the person in this position
- This manager and team actively promotes an environment that values, encourages, and supports diversity and differences
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular