Trinity Christian College seeks a full-time Student Accounts Representative. The Student Account Specialist, monitors traditional student accounts, and specializes in the Adult Studies and Graduate student accounts, which includes maintaining statements, class, and billing calendars. This position also executes all collections efforts relating to current and past students and monitoring the status of Perkin Loans. In addition, this role is trained to be a back-up in the absence of the other Student Account Representative. This position performs a variety of customer service activities within the Student Accounts Office including but not limited to cash management, processing refunds, responding to inquiries, and resolving disputes, to provide courteous, prompt, and accurate assistance to all students regarding their account status.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaison between the student Accounts Office and the Adult and Graduate Studies Department, as well as main point of contact for their students at the Student Account Office.
- Review, research and monitor student accounts activity for errors or exceptions, to ensure billing accuracy.
- Identify potential billing discrepancies and take appropriate corrective measures to resolve any billing disputes.
- Perform activities to achieve timely collections of student receivables.
- Process tuition payments, departmental deposits and disbursements, and cash advances.
- Main point of contact between the Student Accounts Office and collection companies.
- Respond to account inquiries and other questions regarding any related accounting and student record system policies.
- Process and distribute statements and dunning notices.
- Responsible for monitoring delinquent accounts and perform write-off procedure when all in-house collections efforts have been exhausted.
- Professionally answer a high volume of phone calls, respond to email inquiries, and assist with in-person customers.
- Accurately maintain and update class and billing calendars for Graduate and Adult Studies Student Accounts
- Process Calculations for Drops, and Student Refund Checks.
- Prepare, manage, and manipulate reports and large spreadsheets.
- Have an overall knowledge of all office functions and available for cross-training, overtime hours, and changes of schedule when needed to cover Student Accounts Office staffing needs.
- Work with 3rd Party Collection Agency on Day-to-Day activity.
- Strong eye for detail.
Cash Management Related
- Maintain and balance cash drawer to provide cash services for students and college personnel, i.e., cashing personal checks and making appropriate change.
- Prepare deposits for cash payments received by the Student Accounts Office.
- Batch and electronically deposit checks.
- Receive, review and process deposits prepared by other departments.
- Record deposits in Cash Receipts module of Financial Edge.
- Disburse cash advances to college employees, and process return of unused advance amounts.
- Daily cash reconciliation.
Other qualifications include strong customer service orientation, ability to handle sensitive information, solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, good computer skills and general understanding of Financial Aid. Knowledge of CAMS (Student Accounts) and Cashnet database software a plus. Strong aptitude or facility with numerical data, as well as attention to detail is essential for this position. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, compute rate, ratio, and percentiles.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required with one (1) year of related previous customer service and accounts receivable/payable/cashiering or similar experience.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A brief cover letter
- Professional resume
- A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church
Trinity welcomes a response from diverse candidates. EOE