About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.Requisition Number:
2021-100Posting Start Date:
High School/GED Additional Documentation:
Commensurate with Experience
Environment Services TechnicianDescription/Job Summary
Daily responsibilities include cleaning and sanitizing room’s area assigned at the college. Specific duties include pulling, removing and emptying all trash containers. You will also be responsible for cleaning and maintaining floors, polishing furniture and fixtures throughout the college.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest Integrity of the Environmental Services Department.
- Performs routine cleaning and disinfecting of offices, classrooms, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, lab, stairways, classrooms, in a clean neat and sanitary manner
- Completes work assignments in a timely manner
- Uses and maintains Equipment properly assists visitors with directions whenever requested
- Always introduces self to visitors & staff &students
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate
- Transports and empty trash, recycling material, shred-it materials, medical waste and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area
- Replenishes supplies
- Follow all infection control practices including hand washing techniques
- Participates in performance improvements activities
- Maintain set quality standards when performing work day, evening, or night shift as assigned
- Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision
- Observes safety precautions at all times
- Maintains safety precautions at all times
- Maintains safety precautions including cleaning carts will not be left unattended environmental services closet will remain locked at all times
- Keep all hallways and pathways clear of debris, cleaning equipment and tools
- Perform related duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions short correspondence and memos, Ability to write simple correspondence, ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers clients and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent and draw and interpret bar graphs
- Reasoning Ability: ability to apply understanding to carry out details but uninvolved written or oral instructions, Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized
The work environment characteristic described here are representative the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, hazardous materials and waste. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, push, pull equipment use arm leg and back muscles for extended periods use hand to finger ,handle or feel objects, tools or controls reach with hands and arms climb, stoop kneel or crouch, talk or hear and taste or smell
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 15 pounds and frequently lift and or move up to 75 pounds
Minimum Education and Training Requirements:
- High School diploma or (GED)
- Three (3) years related experiences and/or one year experiences and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail