Salary Commensurate with Experience
The Executive Assistant provides executive administrative support to the President of Presentation College. The successful candidate will be committed to the Presentation College mission and excited for the opportunity to leverage their excellent organizational and interpersonal skills in support of the college’s work in a position that provides visibility to strategic and programmatic decision making.
This professional and highly confidential position manages the President’s Office, including coordinating a variety of sensitive internal and external communications; managing complex projects and events; coordinating the President’s calendar and travel arrangements, meeting logistics, equipment purchases, and budgetary expenditures; overseeing office operations; developing and maintaining positive liaison relationships with internal and external constituents, including employees, trustees, the diocese, the convent, legislators, faculty, students, donors, alumni, and the general public; and compiling and coordinating data for a variety of complex reports, presentations, and oral/written communications. The position also engages in College and community service to help fulfill the mission and vision, which includes providing support for institutional advancement, fundraising, workforce and education partnerships, and other community relations engaging the President’s Office.
The Executive Assistant will work in a fast-paced environment that values learning, innovation, and diverse perspectives. Knowing its centrality to our work, Presentation College is committed to equity and inclusion. We aspire to build a diverse team, including groups that are traditionally underrepresented among our sector leadership. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
Executive & Administrative Support
Calendar and schedule management:
Provide day-to-day management of the President’s executive calendar, determining the priority and adjustment of meeting requests;Handle complex scheduling requests including multiple attendees, room reservations, catering, visitor parking, technology set-up, and communications;Proactively seek background materials in advance of meetings to ensure the President’s preparedness;Facilitate efficient and effective official travel by making travel arrangements and preparing detailed itineraries and documentation; andAnticipate issues before they arise and proactively enact solutions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the President, often responsible for acting on her behalf, with key stakeholders and partners, including the Board, staff, donors, and partners;
Communicate on behalf of the President, including managing President’s social media presence;Identify documents requiring immediate attention and/or forward requests to appropriate staff or other departments;Review and prepare documents in preparation for signature;Receive, compile, screen, organize, and prioritize the President’s internal and external mail for daily review and action. Prepare written responses to correspondence as assigned. Track status of actionable items;Research and assist with drafting remarks, presentations, personal correspondence, itineraries, agendas, and various confidential correspondence;Professionally handle incoming phone and in-office traffic;Write a variety of professional statements, documents, emails, etc., on behalf of the President;Promote the work of the Executive Office to build understanding and increase coordination and integration with the greater staff and faculty to ensure organizational alignment and support;Interact with College administration in facilitating communication with the President, including serving as contact person for College personnel when the President is off-campus;Initiate, compile, and complete any necessary documentation/reports from the President’s Office to the Presentation Sisters of the Blessed Virgin Mary;Support the President with her engagement with the diocese and assist her with communication or other responsibilities;Develop and maintain effective relationships with area churches on behalf of the office of the President. Respond to requests for information;Coordinate and manage executive leadership team/cabinet meetings: set agenda, and ensure timely follow-up. Coordinate information flow from the executive leadership team to ensure pertinent information is received by the President as appropriate;Assist the President in providing essential services in other administrative areas as needed; andServe as secretary for committees/task forces as directed by the President.
- Proactively cultivate and steward internal and external relationships with key stakeholders and partners;
Office File Organization & Oversight:Maintain a complex record and filing system including those of confidential and restricted nature;Update files and records and determine retention and purge schedules; Manage data entry and follow-through;
Anticipate need for, and retrieve files and documents, as necessary.
- Maintain official records of the President’s office including those specified in the College bylaws.
- Maintain the minutes.edu database;
- Compile and submit to Institutional Research the Student Complaint Records at the end of each academic year;
- Learn (Cross-Train with the Advancement Office on) Raiser’s Edge donor database to record and receipt gifts as well as provide key donor information for the President to assist in cultivation and stewardship;
Administration and Office Management:Monitor, direct, and evaluate office practices, systems, processes, and procedures to develop and facilitate efficient and effective goals and objectives;Maintain and update contacts and membership lists;Ensure appropriate actions are being taken or follow up is being done in areas of responsibility;Support the President’s role on a variety of local, regional, and national boards and/or councils;Manage all administrative functions, independently exercising judgment and discretion while applying Presentation College and Board of Trustee policies and procedures;Assist with a variety of high-level hospitality functions;Monitor office expenditures, budget, and payroll functions;
- Maintain office supply inventory; and
- Anticipate the needs of the President and successfully manage daily operations of the Executive Office.
Board of Trustees SupportAssist the President in managing trustee relations. Create and maintain effective relationships with trustees necessary to engage them on behalf of the President. Create and oversee communications with trustees. Ensure trustees receive information necessary to plan for and attend meetings. Respond to trustee requests on behalf of the President;Schedule, plan, and execute all Board, Board Committee, and ad hoc meetings in a timely manner. This includes preparation and dissemination of Board Minutes and briefing materials, coordination of board member travel, arrangement for accommodations, set-up of the Board Room, and ordering of meals;
Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all Board members.
- Serve as the Associate Secretary/Administrative College Resource to the Presentation College Board of Trustees. Handle all clerical functions of the Board including preparing agendas, meeting arrangements, communication, and meeting minutes; and
Project ManagementProvide comprehensive support for special initiative events and activities as determined by the President;Collaborate with and achieve actionable results with others, build strong and sustainable working relationships, and interact within all levels of the organization; Establish excellent working relationships with key churches, the bishop, donors and board members; andProvide support for all college wide events engaging the President (such as convocation and commencement), working occasional nights and weekends as needed to meet College needs.
Stakeholder in Presentation College Culture Maintain a positive public image for the President’s Office;Provide backup and assistance for other departments or administrative offices as needed; Promote a positive, productive, and inclusive working environment, working collaboratively and cross-functionally with the Presentation College team;Contribute to the overall success of the College by performing special assignments, projects, and other duties as assigned by President or Board of Trustees; and
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to the President’s office including personnel, business, and other campus concerns.
Education and Training
Minimum of three years of executive administrative experience or demonstrated related experience resulting in proficiencies for position required. Associate’s degree or Certified Administrative Professional with experience in education, public relations, marketing, or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to make presentations and speak in front of groups.
- Strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated success in developing collaborative relationships with organizational peers and outside colleagues. Requires ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel applications. Database experience preferred.
- Proficient critical thinking and independent problem-solving skills required.
- Sensitivity to and ability to deal with diverse issues and concerns while maintaining objectivity.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization.
- Self-directed, demonstrating initiative with minimal supervision, prioritizing complex issues, exercising patience and sound judgment while following established guidelines.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and remain flexible as priorities change.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, and integrity vis a vie use of information or taking action.
- Ability to maintain loyalty to the President, the College, and the Board of Trustees.
- Appreciation for academic culture.
Normal temperature working environment. Moderate to little amount of noise in the work environment. Friendly, teamwork type of work environment. Routine walking, sitting, and lifting up to 20 pounds. Occasional evening, weekend, and extended work hours required.
College Mission, Vision & Values
As part of the Presentation College Learning Community, you will be expected to play a role in supporting the legacy of the Presentation Sisters, in promoting the Mission, living the Core Values, and furthering the Vision.