Job location: JJC Main Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Student Employee, COVID-19 Collection Site
Assist in COVID-19 Collection Site operations. Work check-in tables. Provide instructions to individuals at the testing center on how to collect salvia samples. Observe sample collection. Prepare samples for delivery to the lab.
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, COVID-19 Collection Site
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Environmental Health & Safety
DIVISION: Administrative Services
REPORTS TO: Cara Anderson
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $11.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure that the site is set and that all tables and signage are in place.
2. Make sure that saliva tubes are replenished at each registration table and that biohazard or sealable bags are ready at collection.
3. Assist in providing direction to site staff and to patients in various lines. Give instructions to those in line about how to proceed and how to collect their own saliva samples.
4. Provide additional direction to make sure social distancing is maintained and answer questions.
5. Remind patients in line to have their ID ready.
6. Clean tables at least once each hour using the sanitizing spray and paper towels provided. Properly dispose used paper towels.
7. Give instructions on where to place the samples, helping with line control, and reminding people to keep a safe distance.
8. Make sure the saliva sample tubs are labeled with biohazard stickers and have a small slip of paper with the tube account attached to the top.
9. Give the driver the tub of saliva samples (ensuring it is properly labeled and cleaned) when they arrive on their route.
10. Reinforce, correct, and model good site behaviors.
11. Secure electronic equipment at the end of daily operations.
12. Perform related testing center duties as assigned.
1. 1. Must be a minimum of 18 years old to apply.
2. Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at JJC, and a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
3. Willing to take instruction.
4. People friendly.
This position has no additional minimum requirements, but individuals must have a good work ethic, be able to follow and give clear instructions, and be friendly and able to work well with the public.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Be able to stand for extended period of times.
• Must maintain a high degree of personal hygiene, appearance, and cleanliness.
• Duties are performed indoors in the usual office environment.
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):