Revit Architecture Instructor
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Provide quality and technically relevant instruction in Revit Architecture software. Responsibilities
1. Provide quality and technically relevant instruction of course curriculum
2. Provide continual feedback and various methods of assessment measurement by ensuring student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
- Explain purpose of BIM and how it is applied in Autodesk Revit software
- Use basic sketching and modifying tools and link CAD and Revit files to begin a project
- Create levels and grids as datum elements for a model and 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors
- Add component features, such as furniture and equipment and floors, ceilings, and roofs to a building model
- Model stairs, railings, and ramps and set up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
- Create In-Place Conceptual Mass elements
- Use rooms and areas for space planning and analysis and create perspectives, sketches, exploded views, and solar studies
- Render views that include materials, lighting, and enhancements such as people and plants
- Create topographic surfaces, property lines, and building pads
- Annotate site plans and add site components and modify topo surfaces with subregions, splitting surfaces, and grading the regions
- Create structural grids and add columns, foundation walls, footings, beams, and beam systems
- Create framing elevations, add braces and set up project phasing
- Use multi-discipline coordination including Copy/Monitor and Coordination Review
- Import and export vector and raster files and link Autodesk Revit files
3. Assess and record grading for all homework assignments, quizzes, and tests
4. Participate in marketing of courses to prospective students by providing technical information regarding course content during biannual Open House events
5. Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement and resolve quiz disputes when necessary
6. Record attendance in learning management systemDEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
2. Review syllabus and learning outcomes the first night of class
3. Provide sufficient time for students to complete course evaluations
4. Do not release class early
5. Do not leave class unattended
6. Respond to student inquiries
7. Keep Program Manager informed of any curriculum or student code of conduct issues
8. Be familiar with all emergency procedures posted in the classroom
9. Maintain acceptable program quality and satisfaction scoresRequired Qualifications Educational Requirements
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher educationRequired Experience
Five (5) years of work experience working with Revit software Preferred Qualifications Additional Preferred Qualifications
Autodesk Certified User Revit certification or an Autodesk Certified Professional Revit certification is a plusPreferred Experience
Prior teaching experience is preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities ABILITIES
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlinesKNOWLEDGE
Strong Revit skillsetSKILLS
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415 Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel Background Check
- Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=229064&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency