The Creative Services Manager will coordinate and assist in the production of visual communications that will inform, instruct and/or influence the way people perceive Mount Mary University, particularly the Alumnae and Donor Relations Department and the Women's Leadership Institute. The Creative Services Manager will work collaboratively with all members of the Marketing and Communications Office to coordinate and produce graphic design, animation/videography, marketing, environmental design, photography, and/or illustration projects and serve as a team liaison to a variety of university departments.
The Creative Services Manager will be a critical part of the creative process and will be expected to help coordinate the process with their experience in project management, and will collaborate on design projects as needed. This position must demonstrate knowledge of production processes for a variety of media and vendor requirements to create and design engaging and on-brand marketing materials for a wide variety of media.
Reporting to the Director for University Marketing and Communications, the Creative Services Manager will work collaboratively with the other Graphic Designer to establish and review the University's brand standards and ensure those standards are consistently applied to all projects.
The Creative Services Manager must be able to handle a high volume of projects and manage competing priorities while delivering high-quality work on schedule. The position requires interpersonal communications skills, including active listening skills and skills to work effectively within teams and to provide design advice and consultation to clients on all aspects of visual communications.
Applicants must upload and submit samples or portfolios of applicable work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison to Alumnae and Donor Relations Department and Women's Leadership Institute for all projects, event promotion, materials, and biannual magazine.
- Assist with project management and design on other institutional projects within other departments as needed.
- Establishes and manages project plans, timelines, and schedules with members of the Marketing Department and other university departments.
- Produce a wide range of integrated communications, including ads, signage, brochures, invitations, posters, fliers, and other types of marketing collateral including but not limited to print, digital/interactive, social, and website.
- Ensure design and production quality and continuity across all projects
- Provide art direction for photo and video shoots as needed.
- Helps manage and organize photographic and other digital files
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Specific software requiring advanced skill level: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Bridge, Adobe Acrobat)
- Other desirable software and/or system skills with intermediate skill level: Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Constant Contact (or related product)
- Some online backend user experience is a plus
- Experience in maintaining institutional brand standards.
- Video production experience is a plus.
- Proven project management experience, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competent photography and/or illustration skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member and effectively communicate with a broader university community.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area is preferred, plus five years of related experience/training in design at a recognized creative studio, agency, or mid-to-large size corporation or educational institution.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates mastery of software and design, creative and artistic skills, and knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Can be scheduled for up to 40 hours a week
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.