Position Summary: The IT Support Specialist Title III Technologies provides technical support for Title III technologies including, but not limited to, Tech Bar, student check-out laptop program, virtual computer lab, and learning management system. The position also provides Level 1 technical support for computers, peripherals, and software applications used by students, faculty, and staff.
- Manage Tech Bar operations including hiring, training, and supervising Tech Bar Student Consultants.
- Create training materials and provide training on digital skills and competencies to students, faculty, and staff through various means (in-person, online, hybrid).
- Provide support to IT Help Desk; Ensure customer support and service to users by monitoring call logging, call description, call status, and call resolution.
- Provide Level 1 technical support for desktop and laptop computers, peripherals, and software applications including installation, troubleshooting, repair, and documentation of hardware and software.
- Utilize help desk ticketing system to document work performed, communications with clients, and inventory of hardware and software assets including Title III laptops and SmartSpots.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Service-oriented with excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts and information in a compelling and empowering way.
- Skilled in developing and delivering training and effective support materials.
- Ability to manage student schedules and student needs while maintaining Tech Bar operations.
- Skilled in MS Windows and Apple OSX operating systems, Office 365, Google Suite, and mobile solutions (iOS, Android).
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud; Ability to research and learn about new programs as needed.
- Knowledge of web authoring tools, along with the necessary steps for managing digital identity, privacy, and security.
- Knowledge of instructional technology, learning theories, and instructional design desired.
- Ability to apply troubleshooting skills where needed.
- Ability to interact professionally with coworkers and customers, particularly in conflict situations.
- Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Skilled at organizing events, programs, projects and see them through to completion.
- Associate Degree desired or equivalent work experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.