Search #: 495459JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
The University of Connecticut is seeking applicants for two Internal Auditor positions. Under the general direction of the University Audit Director or the Senior Internal Auditor, conducts audits to evaluate financial, administrative, and functional operations in order to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, university policies and procedures, and sound business practices; identifies process improvements; makes formal recommendations based on findings and provides follow up monitoring of the status of managements’ corrective actions.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishes an audit and/or project plan for each assignment in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Conducts audits and other critical reviews to assess the effectiveness of business practices; compliance with pertinent governmental regulations and university policies and procedures; protection of university assets; and the achievement of both tangible and intangible objectives in relation to the following: financial records, reports, and related fiscal matters; operations, policies, and procedures; performance standards
- Conducts management analyses, feasibility studies, etc. as requested.
- Evaluates existing and proposed systems and procedures to determine efficiency, effectiveness, risk, and compliance with sound accounting and management principles.
- Analyzes and evaluates results of audits, reports findings, and makes formal recommendations for a range of corrective actions.
- Effectively communicates observations and recommendations through clearly written reports and correspondence.
- Reviews findings and formal recommendations with appropriate supervisory staff and administrative officials of areas audited and assists, as appropriate, in implementing corrective action.
- Follows up on audit recommendations to assess the implementation of recommended changes.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, or related field.
- Two (2) years of experience in professional auditing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic data analytics tools such as Excel.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Knowledge of research-related compliance.
- Experience in Higher Education and/or Healthcare.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or equivalent designation.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The university offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidates’’ background and experience. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/employee-benefits-overview/.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495459 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 03 2021 Eastern Daylight Time