Faculty - Dental Assisting (adjunct)Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
A Part time faculty member is expected to maintain high standards of professionalism and high academic standards of professionalism and high academic standards. Up to 29 hours per week are to be spent in the following: direct instruction; preparation and evaluation of instruction; accessibility to students; committee assignments; Faculty may be assigned a teaching schedule that includes any college location, and at times that meet student, program and college needs. Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
Responsibilities include: Teaching preparation for each class/lab; staying current with reading and research, creating and updating PowerPoint’s for lectures, viewing videos and DVDs before showing student; selection of new audiovisual material, creating and updating: syllabi, objectives, tests, quizzes and assignments, acquiring and organizing materials and equipment for lab sessions, setting up materials and equipment before labs, creating and updating: lab schedules, proficiencies and other lab activities.
+ Liaison with professional organizations: American Dental Assistants Association, North Carolina Dental Assistants Association, and Local dental society.
- Inventory control; determine supplies needed for labs and getting supplies ready to be ordered through e-pro. Water testing and weekly biological monitoring of sterilization equipment. Weekly maintenance of sterilization equipment and eye wash stations. Responsible for maintaining up to date SDS manual.
- Bachelor’s degree or educational plan to complete bachelors before July 2022. Department::
- CPR Certified (current)
- CDA (current)
- CODA Accredited Dental Assisting School
- 2 Years Clinical General Chairside Experience
Dental AssistantWork Hours::
Varies per semesterPosting Date::
01/03/2022Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes. Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.