06-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Part TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Communications Officer-Part-time in the Campus Safety and Police Department.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position is responsible for responding to calls for service and dispatching support.
- Receives and responds to incoming calls and radio messages.
- Provides direction and guidance to callers.
- Monitors the electronic alarm systems and fire alarm system on a continuous basis.
- Maintains daily log of all activities reported to the department.
- Dispatch security/police personnel to handle calls for services.
- Monitors, records, and downloads video footage on video surveillance system.
- Utilizes the University's computer-based access control system to assist officers with opening and securing doors.
- Utilizes the Georgia Crime Information Center and National Crime Information Center databases to assist police officers in the performance of their duties.
- Maintains, sorts, and files reports.
- Maintains a clean and efficient office.
- Assists with University security details and special events.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of GCIC and NCIC regulations.
- Skill in analyzing and responding to situations quickly.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in remaining calm during emergency situations.
- Skill in utilizing good judgment.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- More than one year of related experience required.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain GCIC/NCIC certification within 6 months.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com