Job location: JJC Main Campus Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Student Employee, Financial Aid/Veterans Resource Center
Student Employee position for Financial Aid/Veterans Office
POSITION TITLE: Student Employee, Financial Aid/Veterans Resource Center
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
DIVISION: Student Development
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Financial Aid and Coordinator, Veterans Affairs
MINIMIUM PAY RATE: $11.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform general office duties within the Financial Aid Office and Veterans Resource Center.
2. Assist students with general questions through email, Live Chat, in person, and by phone.
3. Schedule student appointments.
4. Scan documents submitted to the Financial Aid Office and Veterans Resource Center.
5. Create flyers, brochures and other promotional materials.
6. Complete special projects as requested.
7. Gain knowledge of the financial aid/veterans’ process.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Minimum 2.0 GPA and in good standing with JJC.
2. Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
3. Must be detailed oriented.
4. Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
6. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with FERPA guidelines.
7. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
8. Flexibility to assist the needs of the Financial Aid Office/Veterans Resource Center.
9. Available hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Fridays from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. (Must have some availability from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am to 2:00 pm on Fridays.)
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):