DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine | Department of Pediatrics | Section of Cardiology Heart InstituteAssistant Professor– Pediatric EP MD Cardiology Position #00780594– Requisition #22271
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Cardiology Heart Institute has an opening for a full-time Assistant Professor–EP MD Cardiology position. Nature of Work:
- The interventional service includes an Ensite equipped biplane electrophysiology laboratory and separate Hybrid interventional room with a high volume of catheter ablations and cardiac implantable device procedures. The outpatient service averages >2000 arrhythmia specific visits and there is close collaboration with the adult congenital heart disease service and cardiovascular genetics. Additionally, a formal relationship with the adult electrophysiology program at the University of Colorado has been established.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Position Emphasis:
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Salary and Benefits:
- Invasive electrophysiology (catheter based and device implant)
- Participation with inpatient and outpatient consultations
- Electrophysiology and pacemaker clinics
- Participation in the training of fellows, residents, and medical students
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $220,000 to $295,800. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please contact [email protected]
for information on disability accommodationsOffice of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree
- Board certified/eligible in Pediatric Cardiology
- Licensure in Colorado
- Advanced training in pediatric cardio electrophysiology
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Relationship building with referring providers within Colorado and Seven State Region
- Must be able to collaborate with other sub-specialty areas within Cardiology
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- Significant Pediatric experience in Cardiology/EP
- Interest in Research
- Collaboration with EP team to build the EP program.
- Strong communication skills
Aug 5, 2021Unposting Date: