Nurse Practitioner: Cardiology/Cardiac Electrophysiology - Instructor (TRIAD Center)Location:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Jul 28, 2021Description:
In a clinical setting, the nurse practitioner will in collaboration with the physician(s) and other staff to establish long term follow-up patient treatment plans. In addition, the nurse practitioner will be responsible for overseeing the training and clinical duties of fellows, medical students and clinical trial coordinators in the day-to-day functions within the clinic; instructing them in how to assist the physicians in the clinic following established standards and practices. The nurse practitioner will assist patients in understanding the necessary self-care and treatment for their health management.Qualifications:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree
- Completion of an ANA-approved Nurse Practitioner program with either an AANC or AANP certification
- Licensure as a Nurse Practitioner from the Louisiana State Board of Nursing by the date of hire
- One year of experience in a clinical outpatient setting
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Demonstrated skills in providing exemplary patient care and customer service including maintaining confidentiality and being reliably available to patients when they seek care or advice.
- Demonstrative ability to use electronic health records and computerized medical programs.
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records.
- Ability to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Ability to maintain professional affiliations, licenses, certifications, etc.
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practice and medical care to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
Please use the "APPLY NOW" link below to apply for this position.