Kitchen Utility Worker
***New hires for this position will be eligible for a $750 sign-on bonus at the completion of 180 days of employment
The Kitchen Utility Worker maintains a clean and sanitary stock of dishes and utensils, washes and sanitizes all pots and utensils as necessary and stores items in appropriate areas.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
* Loads soiled dishes into dish rack and prepares dish machines for set cycle.
* Loads appropriate soap levels and time cycles. Runs dishes through cycle.
* Provides training for new staff members in proper safety and sanitation procedures and in the operation of dishroom equipment such as dishwasher, carts, etc.
* Must follow sanitation guidelines.
* Unloads and stacks dishes and glassware in appropriate storage areas.
* Sorts silverware and utensils and places them in proper storage areas.
* Maintains dish room equipment and reports malfunctions to Dining Room Supervisor or Commons Chef.
* Washes all pots, pans and kitchen utensils and sanitizes all pots and utensils.
* Stores in appropriate areas.
* Sweeps and mops kitchen and dish room area.
* Removes all trash cans from kitchen area and stores in appropriate area.
* Rinses all trash cans and ensures they are properly and safely stored.
* Operates all equipment in a safe manner.
* Cleans and organizes back dock and receiving area.
* Must comply with uniform/dress code.
* Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
No formal education is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge of safety/sanitary aspects of food service areas and machine operation preferred.
high volume dishwashing preferred but not required
Must be physically able to lift 25 lbs. numerous times each day. Must be able to lift, as well as push and pull up to 60 lbs. frequently. This job requires frequent and repetitive bending, twisting, and overhead reaching. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work in hot and humid conditions.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/26453
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency