DIRECTOR, CONTENT STRATEGY AND SOCIAL MEDIA, Questrom School of Business Tracking Code3896 Job Description
The Director, Content Strategy and Social Media, oversees the development and day-to-day management and implementation of Questrom's marketing content including web, digital platforms, and print collateral and advances the digital brand presence for the Questrom School of Business. Leading a team of marketing professionals, including up to 3 full-time direct reports, the incumbent reports to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), Marketing & Communication. The Director is responsible for creative vision and ideation as well as thorough follow-through on all projects from concept to completion. Collaborating with the CMO, the Director understands and ensures that short and long-term strategic goals are evidenced in the work of the creative team, with appropriate review, assessment and reporting. The Director is also responsible for all elements of the official digital marketing channels for the Questrom School of Business, including the forward-facing web site. This position manages the back end of bu.edu/Questrom, creating and managing pages on Wordpress, revising the architecture as needed, generating forms, and optimizing pages for search engine optimization as applicable. Other responsibilities for bu.edu/Questrom are all aspects of the creation and management of timely, accurate, engaging, and informative brand-based content for the website. The Director directs the Questrom social media channels on a day-to-day basis, including weekends and holidays, posting verbal and visual content, answering questions and comments, managing engagement, and utilizing the full application programming interface (API) and feature set for each social media channel. This position also includes responsibility for various components of Questrom's advertising program including the creation and maintenance of various digital ad formats (including social media ads), digital landing pages, forms, customer relationship management (CRM) testing, on-site analytics, and end-to-end digital campaign support.
The Questrom School of Business believes that the cultural and social diversity of our faculty, staff, and students is vitally important to the distinction and excellence of our research and academic programs. To that, we are especially eager to have join our ranks a colleague who supports our institutional commitment to ensuring BU is inclusive, equitable, diverse, and a place where all constituents can thrive. The Questrom School of Business seeks to continue diversifying our faculty, student and staff ranks, recognizing that diversity of experience and thought deepens the intellectual endeavor.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in a leadership/management role for a team-centric marketing and communications group.
- Fluency in strategy-based marketing and communications, creative delivery, and digital marketing technology is essential.
- Higher ed experience is beneficial. BA in communications, marketing, journalism, or a related field with superior written, and oral communication skills.
- Masters degree in marketing, advertising, business, or a related field preferred.
Other skills/requirements include:
- Strong team-centric leadership and management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and professional communication skills including writing and editorial
- Careful attention to detail and strong organizational abilities
- Experience with marketing strategy and its application in contemporary marketing and communication including digital arenas
- Demonstrated experience with acquisition marketing/lead generation content development/campaigns with related digital marketing technology experience
- Sophisticated understanding of contemporary content marketing analytics and experience working with marketing leadership to assess content marketing ROI and optimize programs accordingly.
- Willingness to continually enhance communication and drive innovation by adapting and evolving content and delivery mechanisms for specific audiences and marketing endeavors.
- Strong creative, conceptual, and storytelling skills
- Able to oversee and execute simultaneous projects and deadlines with shifting priorities.
- Strong commitment to professionalism and personal and professional accountability
- Innovate and creative problem solver, not easily daunted by logistical or other constraints
- Understanding of the value of relationship building and importance of discretion
- Able to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, colleagues, peers, and direct reports.
- Curious, self-motivated, and collaborative
- Good sense of humor leveraging a talent to remain calm and productive at all times
- Comfortable stretching roles and responsibilities to accomplish agreed upon goals and objectives
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular