Are you a higher education professional with expertise and passion in undergraduate admissions?
We are currently in search of an Executive Director of Undergraduate Admission for Maryland Institute College of Art. The position is based in Baltimore, MD. Careers In Nonprofits has been retained by MICA to conduct this search. All applicants should and apply through, and will be screened by, CNP.
ORGANIZATION: Maryland Institute College of Art
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
POSITION TITLE: Executive Director of Undergraduate Admission
Is This Your Dream Job? The Executive Director of Undergraduate Admission oversees the Office of Undergraduate Admission, comprised of First-Year, Transfer, International Admission teams, and the Admissions Operations and Communications teams, to ensure MICA’s enrollment objectives are fulfilled. This role reports to the Associate Vice President of Undergraduate Admission and Enrollment Marketing and oversees four associate directors within the undergraduate admissions department of the institution.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• 8+ years of experience in higher education/admissions
• Bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred
• Background in arts institution is a plus
• Proven leadership ability and skills
• Knowledge of best practices in undergraduate admissions and recruiting
• Knowledge of Mac OSX, MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms
• Familiarity with Admission CRM platforms and admissions operations processes and systems
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Excellent management abilities and the judgment and confidence to successfully make and implement decisions
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals
• Comfortable with public speaking and giving presentations
How You Will Spend Your Day:
• Lead the Office of Undergraduate Admission including management of all related functions
• Work closely with Associate VP of Undergraduate Admission and Enrollment Marketing and VP of Admission and Financial Aid to plan, develop, and execute comprehensive recruitment, admission, and enrollment communications strategies in alignment with MICA's strategic plan to meet enrollment objectives, academic program priorities, and financial targets across MICA programs
• Analyze data from all sources to identify, evaluate, implement, and adapt recruitment strategies, and to maintain and track metrics associated with student interest and recruiting performance
• Lead recruitment and admission functions, including first-year, transfer, and international; directly supervise, assess, and develop the capacity of each area to ensure best practice, professional development, and optimization of recruitment/admission functions to meet enrollment objectives
• Lead admission operations and functions, including Slate CRM and communications development, admissions systems, reporting and analytics, and daily operations; assess, and develop the capacity to ensure best practice, professional development, and optimization of technological resources to support recruitment and admission
• Oversee the maintenance of communications and messaging, including writing and updating web content, communication campaigns, and routine letters; in collaboration with Associate VP, develop and modify communication strategies
• Represent the office of admission and MICA at events and campus meetings, including online and on-campus recruitment and yield events, and other engagements
• Maintain strong relationships with partner offices, such as Graduate Admission, Financial Aid, Strategic Communications, Student Affairs and Academic Affairs, and others
• Maintain strong relationships with external partners, such as Baltimore community-based organizations, NPDA, AICAD, and professional admissions organizations
• Oversee undergraduate admission budgets
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to [email protected] with “Executive Director of Undergraduate Admission” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.