The Endicott College community and Provost Beth Schwartz are launching the search for the next dean of the Curtis L. Gerrish School of Business. The dean will join a student-centered, entrepreneurial, financially healthy and highly collaborative institution and lead the Gerrish School of Business to its next level of excellence at a time of strategic growth and academic reorganization. With an unwavering commitment to student success, Endicott and the Gerrish School of Business position graduates to excel as innovative and entrepreneurial leaders in the workforce.
Endicott By the Numbers
- 2,854 traditional undergraduate students
- 1,214 U.S.-based graduate students
- 89% of undergraduate students live on campus
- 115 full-time faculty
U.S. News & World Report (Regional)
- #23 in Regional Universities North
- #10 in Best Undergraduate Teaching
- #34 in Best Value Schools
U.S. News & World Report (National)
Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education
- #2 for “Colleges that Prioritize Internships”
A Commitment to Student Success
- 12:1 student to faculty ratio
- 83% first-year retention
- 78% six-year graduation rate
- 3 required internships
The Gerrish School of Business offers a unique business curriculum that provides students a solid academic foundation with industry experience in a program that both fuels their interests and leads to a career. Undergraduate students establish a solid academic foundation while gaining hands-on experiences that help develop industry-ready skills in one of eight programs: Accounting, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Healthcare Management, Hospitality Management, International Business and Marketing. Graduate students gain the necessary tools to advance their careers through two Master of Business Administration program options (a Fifth-Year MBA and an Experienced Professional MBA), an M.S. in Information Technology, and an M.S. in Healthcare Management.
The Provost and faculty, staff and students of the Gerrish School of Business are committed to accelerating the entrepreneurial spirit on which it was founded. They seek an energetic and dedicated leader who is prepared to move the school forward in alignment with the College’s strategic priorities to meet its ambitious goals and aspirations.
Opportunities for the Dean include:
- Leading an inclusive process to develop and articulate a strategic vision for the School of Business aligned with the College’s new strategic plan;
- Modeling and promoting a collegial and collaborative community dedicated to students success, academic innovation, and entrepreneurial growth;
- Strongly advocating for the School’s faculty, staff and students to ensure the resources necessary to support its continued success;
- Enhancing existing strengths in the curriculum and developing processes to grow enrollment, specifically at the graduate level; and
- Expanding relationships externally to increase student opportunities for experiential learning and career success, as well as to develop new partnerships with the College.
Key Qualifications include:
- Possesses an advanced degree in a business-related field (with a terminal degree preferred);
- Has executive leadership experience outside of higher education in a corporate, non-profit, or other environment;
- Possesses significant experience engaging the external business community in developing mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships;
- Understands market trends and emerging technological opportunities in industry and higher education, particularly Business education, to ensure the School’s continued innovation and growth.
To ensure full consideration, completed applications are due by September 24, 2021. The search page, which includes the Executive Search Profile and application nomination links is located here.
RH Perry & Associates is assisting Endicott College in their search. Please direct all confidential communications to: Dr. Kathy Krendl, Senior Consultant, or Mr. Matthew Kilcoyne, Managing Partner, at [email protected].
Endicott College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of equal employment and complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. The College's objective is to employ individuals qualified and/or trainable for open positions by virtue of job-related education, training, experience, and qualifications without regard to sex, race, religion, color, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin or citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law.